• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about this X-Men 1?

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys, do you want me to continue to post these here or quit posting all these in the grading forum and maybe start a thread just so people can see the covers and general condition of this cool collection? Details will follow on how I acquired it, where it came from etc. Still a few odds and ends to get, but nothing significant that I can think of. 1214786-xmen14.0.JPG1214786-xmen1back.JPG

1214786-xmen1back.JPG.d583b72341efd5f73a8ef6997fe62ea9.JPG

I'm figuring out everything I have and gauging the grades first so that when I post things up for sale, I can make the prices enticing. Otherwise, I'll be wasting my time.

I also have to decide which ones I'll be upgrading or keeping and that takes time.

Thanks

4.0 with 4.5 potential; I don't mind you posting them for grading. I just would rather see them up for sale. I don't know why you're holding back on just selling them if you do indeed want to sell them.

893whatthe.gif

no way this one gets more than a 3.0 imho...to many important flaws and a well battered cover!!!

still wouldn't mind owning it grin.gif

regards

4.0 with 4.5 potential; I don't mind you posting them for grading. I just would rather see them up for sale. I don't know why you're holding back on just selling them if you do indeed want to sell them.

893whatthe.gif

no way this one gets more than a 3.0 imho...to many important flaws and a well battered cover!!!

still wouldn't mind owning it grin.gif

regards

The only major defect is the bottom right corner. The back cover looks great, colors look great. The spine looks like a 4.0 book should. I'd still go with a 4.0 on it. headbang.gif

i disagree, the comic is a well battered one overral...if only we could exchange the quality of the back cover for the front cover and vice versa it would indeed be a 4.5 wink.gif

just my 2 cents

regards

ps- this one is just a little bit better than the spidey 1, so no way it can have a 2 point difference!!!

I think this one is substantially better than the Spidey #1. It is better in all aspects. And I have it at a 1.5 point difference; not 2. The spine is in far better shape on the X-men #1, even the problematic bottom right corner is in better shape than the Spidey #1. The back cover is in better shape. The X-men doesn't have the staple problem. Just an overall better book in my opinion.

I think this one is substantially better than the Spidey #1. It is better in all aspects. And I have it at a 1.5 point difference; not 2. The spine is in far better shape on the X-men #1, even the problematic bottom right corner is in better shape than the Spidey #1. The back cover is in better shape. The X-men doesn't have the staple problem. Just an overall better book in my opinion.

2.5 to 4.5 makes 2 point difference in my book... wink.gif

regards

2.5 to 4.5 makes 2 point difference in my book... wink.gif

regards

I called the X-men #1 a 4.0 and the Spider-man #1 a 2.5. That's 1.5. gossip.gif

4.5 potential grin.gifwink.gif

regards

"Potential" being the key word. 893whatthe.gif My original grade is the first number of 4.0. yeahok.gif

He only got them yesterday! Give the guy a break!! I think it's a case of gauging what he has, getting a feel for the collection and deciding the best route to take.

He only got them yesterday! Give the guy a break!! I think it's a case of gauging what he has, getting a feel for the collection and deciding the best route to take.

Call it a 2.0 and sell it for $75!! yay.gif

takeit.gif

Can't wait to hear the story behind all these books!!