• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 3 Off-White Pages

17 posts in this topic

First... this is a gorgeous book and a very high grade for this issue.

But, those that think this is a 9.0 must be smoking something. Perhaps they are grading on a curve because this book is so uncommon in HG.

There is a fair amount of top and bottom edgewear and fuzziness on the spine corners. Looking at the right edge of the back cover, you can see there are color rubs and wear on the spine. Slight amount of cover soiling in the white of the issue number box. This dovetails with the handling wear we see on the spine from the back angle. I suspect there are a number of spine bends that don't break color.

So, this book has obvious handling wear. Not close to NM.

I'd give it an 8.0 and would take it in a second! smile.gif

First... this is a gorgeous book and a very high grade for this issue.

But, those that think this is a 9.0 must be smoking something. Perhaps they are grading on a curve because this book is so uncommon in HG.

There is a fair amount of top and bottom edgewear and fuzziness on the spine corners. Looking at the right edge of the back cover, you can see there are color rubs and wear on the spine. Slight amount of cover soiling in the white of the issue number box. This dovetails with the handling wear we see on the spine from the back angle. I suspect there are a number of spine bends that don't break color.

So, this book has obvious handling wear. Not close to NM.

I'd give it an 8.0 and would take it in a second! smile.gif

I dont' think this is close to a NM either (9.4)

Here's to smokin.......9.0 is VF/NM and even a VF/NM can have a single very light corner fold (which this doesn't have). I've seen it in BA books frequently. The top and bottom softness you describe is minimal and there is but 5 or so tiny spine ticks. Colors are bold, no writing, no creasing to speak of, no storage corner bumps that normally drop a book into the lower F/VF or VF range....so I think it's better. We could agree to split the difference and call it an 8.5. It's still a book that people would snap up in a heartbeat, which tells you something.

And doesn't it look pressed and trimmed?