• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman vs X3?

Who will take in more?!!!  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take in more?!!!

313 posts in this topic

unfortunately I think Superman is going to blow but I dont believe X3 will be the box office champ this summer. I wont be seeing any of these movies so it doesnt really matter.

I have to say X3 will do better then most people expect for two reasons:

- There is a TON of people wanting to see this movie....1st weekend draw will be huge. Ask your average 11 year old if he cares that Brian Singer is not doing this movie.

- The early summer releases tend to do better numbers. With gas expected to rise into the summer, discretionary items like visits to the movie theatre, might hurt Superman's numbers with its June/July opening weekend.

Is the conventional wisdom that Superman is going to do far better than Batman Begins?

Dunno. But I think it will.

Superman is the biggest super-hero of all. It's been how many years since the last Supes movie?

Plus, Supes can fly. Who doesn't want to see that?

Is the conventional wisdom that Superman is going to do far better than Batman Begins?

Dunno. But I think it will.

Superman is the biggest super-hero of all. It's been how many years since the last Supes movie?

Plus, Supes can fly. Who doesn't want to see that?

Does anyone think the impact "Smallville" could have on this movie? I don't think it will make as much because of "Smallville". Convention wisdom is that it will be the biggest movie of the summer though.

Does anyone think the impact "Smallville" could have on this movie? I don't think it will make as much because of "Smallville". Convention wisdom is that it will be the biggest movie of the summer though.

I think the opposite is true. I was never a big Supes fan until I started watching Smallville. The movie already has that built-in younger fan-base due to the show. Since we'll never see Clark as Superman on the show, or fly (as a good guy), this is the next closest thing.

Superman will surpass the fanboy element because it'll be a good flick. Like Batman. Like Spider-Man. And to some degree, like the first X-men movies.

X3 will not surpass the fanboy element, because by everything I've seen thus far, its going to be a bad movie.

I think the opposite is true. I was never a big Supes fan until I started watching Smallville. The movie already has that built-in younger fan-base due to the show. Since we'll never see Clark as Superman on the show, or fly (as a good guy), this is the next closest thing.

Smallville doesn't pull great ratings so I don't see it being much of a factor either way...