• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone lend me $15-$20k for my grail?

14 posts in this topic

Really? You think it'll top 40k?

I think $40k is about what it's worth.

If it goes below that someone gets a good deal. The fact that it's a cash deal thing, no credit cards and time payments tack on 10%, it could conceivable go lower just from the buyers these factors might eliminate.

We can only go by panel page values and extrapolate out, since there has not been a recent splash page/pin up that has sold publically. The consensus among those that follow high end Silver art would put really prime Strange Tales full page splashes at 50-60k from 110,115 and 117 and maybe a couple others. So this pinup would come to rest 20-30% below that.

Chris

Chris; I agree with the 40k number, but I actually think it's worth more. The main stopping block this time is the closed bid system. Ordinarilly, you might get 2 or 3 guys caught up in the moment of a high priced live auction, but whereas you might have streeeetched it to say 48k under pressure.... you will most likely send in a bid of 40k, not wanting to 'over-pay'.

The main stopping block this time is the closed bid system. Ordinarilly, you might get 2 or 3 guys caught up in the moment of a high priced live auction, but whereas you might have streeeetched it to say 48k under pressure.... you will most likely send in a bid of 40k, not wanting to 'over-pay'.

I agree with that. I factored in the no credit card, closed bid, 10% extra for time payments into the equation. That's enough to limit involvement, narrow the field, and provide just enough doubt to have it come in under what it should sell for...

Chris