• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRANGE TALES ANNUAL #2 - CGC 7.0

43 posts in this topic

I thought I sold it to you! weren't you the one who sent in the Paypal vouchers? sleeping.gif
893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

your $75 is on the way.

Don't forget my bid of $85! mad.gif

Love that book. It's one that i plan to own one day. Spidey's fourth appearance!

I've got a VG or so of it, but I never even realized it was the 4th Spidey appearance.

Love that book. It's one that i plan to own one day. Spidey's fourth appearance!

I've got a VG or so of it, but I never even realized it was the 4th Spidey appearance.

gossip.gif It came out before ASM #4

Also, Spidey is drawn wrong!

IMHO, one of the most under-valued books in all of comic-dom.

Wouldn't that make it his 5th appearance? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Wouldn't that make it his 5th appearance? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

gossip.gif The annual is dated 7/63, the same month as ASM #3. Maybe it hit the stands before ASM #3, so it's the 4th appearance. confused-smiley-013.gif

Spidey 4 would be the 5th appearance.

Are you sure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

AF 15 - 1st app

ASM 1 - 2rd app

ASM 2 - 3rd app

ASM 3 - 4th app

STT Ann 2 - 5th App

ASM 4 - 6th app

My bad. Typo. ST Ann. #2 Hit the shelves before ASM #3, making it indeed Spidey's fourth appearance.

thumbsup2.gif Sounds about right. I had always remebered it being a VERY early appearance. A cool book.

My bad. Typo. ST Ann. #2 Hit the shelves before ASM #3, making it indeed Spidey's fourth appearance.

thumbsup2.gif Sounds about right. I had always remebered it being a VERY early appearance. A cool book.

Well yes, and no . . .

From July 1963, and heralded for years as Spidey's 3rd appearance, I believe it's only a 12-page Spidey story - a very early appearance of the Amazing Spider-Man (his 4th) and his first cross-over appearance outside of his own title. It also features a great cover by Jack Kirby (note the missing spider on Spidey's chest), with interior art (if I recall correctly) by Jack Kirby and inks by Steve Ditko (much like the 3-page FF story in ASM #1) This story is the first Spidey / Human Torch match-up.

The balance of the book is filled with Jack, Ditko, Larry Lieber and Paul Reinman fantasy tales, much like STA #1 (again, from memory).

grin.gif