• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC.....Something positive?

22 posts in this topic

Well for every slabbed HG copy that sells, there are always another 5 in line for the next one.

I dont see prices climbing dramatically over the years but I also dont see them dropping.

Slabbed 9.4s will get you between $1800 - $2100 pending PQ and QP. I had alot of luck picking up a few raw ones over the last couple of years for fairly inexpensive prices, but they were all part of a lot deal.

I just can't see those inflated prices lasting. In 1999, a NM copy of Hulk 181 would set you back $500. Now it's 4 times that. I just can't see that price inflation lasting forever. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you guys are worried about the $2K price range for Hulk #181, how about the $20K price for the 9.8 copy or the supposedly turned down $50K price for the 9.9 copy. 893whatthe.gif

Any opinions as to whether these type of prices will hold for the uber HG copies? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally, I can easily think of a lot better books to be putting that kind of money into.

I think the guy that turned down the 50k is crazy. As soon as another 9.9 is found he'll be kicking himself very, very hard. There's no way in hell those huge prices stand in 5 years.