• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Space Ace 1 Giveaway, Help requested

6 posts in this topic

I can't find this Major Inapack Space Ace Giveaway nor these other two mini comics. The Space Ace is dated 1951 from Magazine Enterprise w Powell cover and art. The other two I didn't open but couldn't find anything in Overstreet. Any help would be appreciated.

ga1.jpg

ga1b.jpg

ga3.jpg

The Major Inapak Space Ace Giveaway is listed on page 301 of OS #35. $6.00 in NM- foreheadslap.gif Huge "warehouse find" book which is constantly listed on Ebay. The other ME Space Ace (different book with Gaudineer art) is pretty desirable (Pg 816 of OS #35).

The Rigging Bill is not listed in the Guide, but it's a Chesler produced book. Here's how I know. Same character is featured HERE on the back cover of Tops In Humor #2 and I believe the book you have is advertised inside. I'll confirm this for you tomorrow. Difficult to say what it is worth. I've seen a couple of copies for sale on Ebay,I believe, but I don't remember what they sold for.

Never seen the other one before, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's a similar item produce by Chesler and put out by Consolidated or Wise or someone like that. Interesting servicemen-targetted WW2 items.

Yeah, I got pretty excited finding a copy in a used book store in 9.2 shape and from the fifties to boot! But, when I looked into it, I found tons of them everywhere I went. Its pretty cool nonetheless to see a nice conditioned black cover 50's book though, don't come by those to often in the bins.

You can probably find it in almost any dollar bin at any show if you look hard enough. That's one common book. Nice Bob Brown art, though, and a cool black cover. It was a giveaway with a chocolate drink mix similar to Ovaltine.

I believe the hoard was a warehouse find about 20 years ago, though not as big as the recent "Wally Wood's Cannon" 893blahblah.giftrove.