• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aye Mate - Foreign Horror Magazines from the 70's

25 posts in this topic

Finally got around to digging up some more good stuff last night popcorn.gif Been a few months since I've had the time to do so.

None the less for your viewing pleasure I've photo'd a few sweet as heck painted covers done for European and Australian publishers. Some pretty darn cool stuff. A few of the covers look as if they could have been part of the Skywald series, such as the work by FABA. Fun stuff guys.

These Weird Tales of the Macabre are pretty fork'n sweet IMO. I love the ghoul portrait shots.

893whatthe.gif

1223000-IMG_2857.jpg

893whatthe.gif again...

1223000-IMG_2856.jpg

headbang.gif Love this one

1223000-IMG_2839.JPG

Yes, that definitely is a strange experience... yeahok.gif

1223000-IMG_2858.JPG

cloud9.gif, will post some more as I can thumbsup2.gif

-bounty

1223000-IMG_2858.JPG.7c96f668dfbe9b49384d37cb764474c8.JPG

Haha, go ahead and curse me...(it's all good) as they say. insane.gif

If your wanting something that will make you pull your hair out at the same intensity as Eerie Pub's then this should be a fun new game for you. Generally have been tough as hell to get. Actually been on the lookout for them over the past 3 or so years, and have not come up with very many. At that, forget about finding them in HG's. Consider yourself lucky if the cover is still attached on these.

I'll try and post some more soon. headbang.gif

-bounty

Awesome! Thanks!

Yeah... I'm a bald man (seriously), mostly thanks to Eerie Pubs (and having a daughter when I was 19, but I digress!) These foreign ones are fascinating! Luckily, grade means absolutley nothing to me. Hopefully, I'll stand a better chance that way!

Yeeeahhhh, now that's how you bite a shoulder. insane.gif

1223762-IMG_2841.jpg

This artist I remember seeing a lot in the Eerie Pub. books (very distictive style around the eyes and mouth), anyone know who it is? The artist also had a fondness of always showing an eye popping out in at least one of his panels! thumbsup2.gif

Jayman, that is the wild... the wonderful... the LEDGENDARY...

AYERS!

Heck of a nice guy, too!

REALLY?

Never would have guessed it was Dazzling 's work, it looks strangely different to me in the Eerie Pub. books. crazy.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Bounty, your magazine collection amazes me! thumbsup2.gif

Even I am suprised by it at times Fuel. I forget some of the rediculously cool stuff I've gotten over the years. That's why I need to inventory my dang stuff makepoint.gif

I'll try to keep them coming. I'll tell you the truth, I havn't had this much fun in a long time with this hobby. Being able to socialize with you, Jay, Oct, PreCodeK, CatskillM, Inconcievable, Red, jeffb, 143, etc, etc. has been way cool.

The magazine forum is a fun community! headbang.gif

-bounty

Trust me, I know what you're saying! I have boxes of books I've purchased, bagged & boarded and stacked...........................to one day see the light of day.

......and when that day comes........... cloud9.gif

Count me as one of the happy to be here too! This thread is awesome! Thanks, Bounty!

And Happy Birthday, Fuelman!

Thank you!..................and yay.gif Welcome to the Boards! yay.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Damn those are some sweet mags. Hadn't seen a single one before. Where do you find this stuff. screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif ...In Jayman's crawlspace

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

Damn!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif..............I knew I should'a checked there !!!

sorry.gif