• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aye Mate - Foreign Horror Magazines from the 70's

25 posts in this topic

Finally got around to digging up some more good stuff last night popcorn.gif Been a few months since I've had the time to do so.

None the less for your viewing pleasure I've photo'd a few sweet as heck painted covers done for European and Australian publishers. Some pretty darn cool stuff. A few of the covers look as if they could have been part of the Skywald series, such as the work by FABA. Fun stuff guys.

These Weird Tales of the Macabre are pretty fork'n sweet IMO. I love the ghoul portrait shots.

893whatthe.gif

1223000-IMG_2857.jpg

893whatthe.gif again...

1223000-IMG_2856.jpg

headbang.gif Love this one

1223000-IMG_2839.JPG

Yes, that definitely is a strange experience... yeahok.gif

1223000-IMG_2858.JPG

cloud9.gif, will post some more as I can thumbsup2.gif

-bounty

Hey, those Weird Tales of the Macabre aren't from Seaboard, right?

These specific ones arent'. Seaboard did the original 2 book series. This foreign company just swiped the name, and added thier covers. Very interesting if you ask me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
I didn't think so, because OPG says what you say, only 2 issues, and the cover price is different. I looked at my Seaboard Weird Tales of the Macabre #1 and it had a different cover price and was squarebound. It is interesting how they swiped that cool name for their mag.