• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Charlotte NC people...

8 posts in this topic

That's my home base! Most of the employees there know the customers by NAME, at least when I'm in the store. Apparently I don't frequent enough for them to care about me confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice store, friendly atmosphere, and having a Starbucks next door is a sure consolation prize after I strike out in the back issue stock.

BTW, I didn't participate in today's festivities. From the sound of it, it looks like I did the right thing. I hate crowds.

i liked the store better when it was on Central.

but it's a good store nonetheless. prices are a bit high as you would expect, but Shelton gets good books and there's no doubt about that

Shelton gets good books and there's no doubt about that

Never went to the Central location.

Is he hiding them? I asked to see his HG books and got a bunch of VF/VF+ books marked as NM. Then again, I get the standard weird stance when I ask to see HG BA horror. The gang there is cool though.

I guess I'm missing the secret handshake?

Is he hiding them? I asked to see his HG books and got a bunch of VF/VF+ books marked as NM. Then again, I get the standard weird stance when I ask to see HG BA horror. The gang there is cool though.

no, i'm talking about people showing up at his shop with a bag full of 7.5-8.5 SA books that they want to let go for $2 a pop.

9.8 BA DC horror...that's a separate animal altogether

no, i'm talking about people showing up at his shop with a bag full of 7.5-8.5 SA books that they want to let go for $2 a pop.

9.8 BA DC horror...that's a separate animal altogether

Does he display his "show stock" at his stores? He usually has a pretty good selection when he comes up to Raleigh for the shows, and he brought those nice SA Marvels to the Greensboro show last fall (I think he said he just got them) so he does have some HG books. I've only been to his shops a couple times, but don't recall seeing anything nice like his show stock. confused-smiley-013.gif

I dont think Shelton keeps all of his high grade stuff in the boxes on the floor. I went to Heroe's about 1 month ago and asked to see a GL 87. There was none in the box, but the guy went into the door on the back left of the store and said he couldnt find one. I have also heard that Shelton has clandestine sites all over Charlotte where he keeps a lot of his books.