• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League Unlimited-New Episode

14 posts in this topic

Looks like another new episode on in at 10:30 EDT. About 20 minutes from time of this post.

Next week looks to be an epic Apokolips/New Genesis/Justice League smack-down. Nice way to end the series.

Personally, I feel this show has degenerated into WWF: Raw - The Superheroes!, as in that's virtually all that happens from episode to episode - a tired formula of insert heroes, add villains, and then brawl for 20 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good fight, but at least *attempt* to tell a story here and there, or *gasp*, maybe even some character development.

What started out as a show for smart kids has devolved into a WWF-clone for stupid adults.

Agreed, it was nice to see a massive bang up once a season but now, it kinda a big brawl in a ring. Well, there is only 1 or 2 more episodes left. So this show will go by the wayside. There are 26 episodes slated of Fantastic Four to appear on the Cartoon Network. Maybe that one will be interesting.

This series has truly been brilliant. If you are just catching an episode here and there, then you're missing what's really going on. The writers planned everything out when the series began and the arc has been phenomenal the entire way through. If you watched an episode and think it was just a brawl, or WWF, then you really are missing the forest for the trees...

If you watched an episode and think it was just a brawl, or WWF, then you really are missing the forest for the trees...

Gimme a break. I watched a few episodes (including the Legion of Doom and Justice Lord eps I think) on reruns, and that's all they were from start to finish - just ONE BIG BRAWL.

But I guess if flying knuckles and stupid one-liners offer a "bigger picture" to you, then you likely read tea leaves and believe in astrology.

I actually think those criticisms are justified for last night's ep. I've not been a regular viewer (Cartoon Network scheduling hasn't helped) but knowing we're down to the final 3 has motivated me to watch. In contrast, last week's episode where the Hawkman/girl back story was fleshed out I think was high in characterization (in between the fight scenes of course.) The Hawkman/girl, Green Lantern/Vixen quadrangle was pretty complex for a 30 minute super-hero cartoon. And since I like the Kirby characters, I'm still looking forward to next week's finale episode, even if it does turn out to be nothing more than a Fourth World brawl. thumbsup2.gif

I'm a big fan of Bruce Timm and love this series. I'm really going to miss it.

The Supergirl and The Legion of Superheroes episode was my favorite so far this year. Hope they continue Kara's romance with Braniac 5 when Superboy and The Legion's new cartoon hits Kids WB this fall.