• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Hulk 181

32 posts in this topic

those aren't creases you see, those are printing defects

grin.gif i wasn't referring to the intermittent scratches by the Wendigo's right elbow or just beneath the "he's here" blurb (which i'll take everyone's word that those are some form of printing error) - i'm referring to the half dozen spine nicks that a couple of other posters have also identified.

if i read the "King of rulers" posts correctly, this book has been put up for grading on another board and some folks have declared it a 7.0?? i can't see that at all, and feel that a 9.0 is possible, but only one way to tell for sure........... grin.gif

looks great...9.0 maybe higher if you have white pages!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't really think they deduct for page quality. I have had Golden Age 9.0's with Tan pages.

They don't. Having white pages won't bump a book's grade over a book with cream-to-off-white.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wrong! sumo.gif It certatinly will, regardless of age. sumo.gifsumo.gif

Thanks everyone! It is odd how the "Hulk" title looks slightly yellow in the scan but I assure everyone that it is due to cover show through to the ad on the opposite side of it.

Plus those spine ticks are so small in length that I definitely feel that this issue would grade really well.

Unfortunately this book is too old to have CGC grade in person at Wizard World when they come to Texas in November, so I may send it in before that, taking advange of course of a discount offered through so many place.

Needless to say, I'm very proud to be in possession of such a nice example of this book!

Ok, I've decided to send this in.

It will be my first graded book owned, submitted, or otherwise and I'm kinda nervous!

Granted you guys on this board don't know what I paid for this book like they do on CPG.

To keep it simple, I got a fantastic bargain. (read: 58 Hulks starting with 102 for under $400 which included Mile High II's of 116 and 200)

Question though, should I send in the 116 and 200 because they are MH II's?

I know that CGC doen't include the certificate in the slab, what do they do with it? I sure hope it's returned with the slabbed book!!!

=)

Thanks a lot for that kind statement. After having looked at this book many times over, I think I was incorrect in my first assesment though. I actually think Joeypost hit this one right on the head. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Someone pays you a compliment and you bump the grade. Well hey King, i think you are super super super duper and the best ever. Now sell me your TOS 39 devil.gif

I'm going with VFN+ with a shot at VFN/NM

27_laughing.gif, Hey I said I was leaning 8.5 even before the compliment right? My opinions aren't for sale. angel.gif Most of the time... popcorn.gif

And, I think I'm good with the TOS #39!!! yay.gifyeahok.gif

Well, I went ahead and listed this in my store and gave it a 8.5.

The spot you see on the FC in the "R" on "incRedible" is a non-color breaking "dent".

Because of that one speck I'm calling it 8.5 instead of higher. Probably what happened was the previous owner may have stacked these books and something got inbetween them and dented in the cover in that spot. That's the only explanation I can give as the rest of the cover is SUPER nice!

Thanks again guys!

Well, I went ahead and listed this in my store and gave it a 8.5.

The spot you see on the FC in the "R" on "incRedible" is a non-color breaking "dent".

Because of that one speck I'm calling it 8.5 instead of higher. Probably what happened was the previous owner may have stacked these books and something got inbetween them and dented in the cover in that spot. That's the only explanation I can give as the rest of the cover is SUPER nice!

Thanks again guys!

I thought you were going to send it in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At that price, it could stay in your store while you get it graded, and possibly longer . . . 27_laughing.gif

I was! I just have anxiety about doing so cause I haven't done it yet.

It's like pear-pressure all over again!

"come on, try it... you know you want to.... everybody's doing it!"

=)

Plus, no one ever offered any suggestion on whether I should send the MH II comics in with it and what the heck do they do with the Mile High II certificates?