• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Hulk 181

32 posts in this topic

Speckling is a printing defect so it should not affect the grade. Aside from a few spine ticks I cannot find any other significant defects.

IMHO I would say 9.2. I am comparing it to my graded copy and it holds its own against it.

Thanks a lot for that kind statement. After having looked at this book many times over, I think I was incorrect in my first assesment though. I actually think Joeypost hit this one right on the head. thumbsup2.gif

If you put it in the rinse cycle with cold water and a little bleach it will clean up the BC enough to send in grin.gif. Just kidding..I would imagine even raw on e-bay you could see between $900.00 and $1,100 for this beauty.

Personally I would send it in.

looks great...9.0 maybe higher if you have white pages!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't really think they deduct for page quality. I have had Golden Age 9.0's with Tan pages.

They don't. Having white pages won't bump a book's grade over a book with cream-to-off-white.

Thanks a lot for that kind statement. After having looked at this book many times over, I think I was incorrect in my first assesment though. I actually think Joeypost hit this one right on the head. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Someone pays you a compliment and you bump the grade. Well hey King, i think you are super super super duper and the best ever. Now sell me your TOS 39 devil.gif

I'm going with VFN+ with a shot at VFN/NM

27_laughing.gif

Someone pays you a compliment and you bump the grade. Well hey King, i think you are super super super duper and the best ever. Now sell me your TOS 39 devil.gif

I'm going with VFN+ with a shot at VFN/NM

27_laughing.gif

you read my mind!!!

the King states that the book was an 8.0 before and is stil an 8.0. the newbie piles on some praise and the King raises his estimate by 3 grades to a 9.2.. 27_laughing.gif

if he'd put a smiley after it, i'd have understood the humor, but absent of that, i think he was bought......... grin.gif

at any rate, hafta admit that the term "Speckling" was new to me, as i thought it was some kind of scrape or tape pull on the LLC. but even in the absence of that, i think the half dozen visible spine ticks on a BA comic, will keep it in the 8.5 range.

still a beauty, though.......... smile.gif