• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Conan#24/Please be gentle!

14 posts in this topic

Excellent. I'll go with 9.6. I know people are going to grade this and say, "the staple kills the book and brings it to a 9.2 or 9.4 at best". I say, that the staple doesn't kill the book, but rather keeps it from going any higher.

9.6!

This book has 9.4 potential, but a 9.2 would not surprise me. The staple most likely is a production defect and I can't see it bringing this book down to a 9.0.

Bottom staple issue & what looks like a touch of discoloration on the spine above top staple. Hint of corner rounding at top. I agree with a strict 9.2. Beautiful! 893applaud-thumb.gif

9.0/9.2

if that piece of the spine weren't hanging off and it was just "enlarged" around the staple, more like a 9.2-9.4. the hanging piece of paper makes it hard to say 9.4.

otherwise pristine except maybe something right above the top staple.

If selling, I think you're safe with 9.2 and saying, in your opinion it is 9.4-9.6 but not for the one small problem around the bottom staple and if there's a problem on the top staple. Bottom left corner is a little rounded, but that would be ok alone on a 9.4.