• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Web Site is Now Up

14 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards! Even if it's only to pimp your site.

Your Wolverine(cystic fibrosis) piece is darn wicked.. . Also dig the Batman Montage piece. What was that from/for?

You should have been here to submit work for Richnerds book cover project.

Ze-

Welcome to the boards! Even if it's only to pimp your site.

Ze-

Did you have to say that? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Say what? Welcome to the Boards? confused-smiley-013.gif

How's Cap and Mandy?

I think Steve B. told them to "go west"

Should see a report soon.

Ze-

BTW, was everyone esle aware of Kamandi's history?

Some of this I never knew till today, I ALWAYS thought Jack ripped off the movie.. foreheadslap.gif

From CBR

So begins another installment of Jack Kirby’s Oddball take on PLANET OF THE APES, although, to be fair, Kirby explored this theme long before French author Pierre Boulle’s original POTA novel was published! Harvey Comics’ ALARMING TALES No. 1 (Sept., 1957) features a story by Kirby that’s an obvious prototype for this series. And “Kamandi” – a phonetic scrambling of “Command D” – started out as a character in a science fiction comic strip that Jack developed back in the 1950s. Decades later, when the brass at DC Comics asked Kirby to whip up some new comic book concepts, KAMANDI was one of those that he submitted. But strangely enough, Jack’s intention was to eventually hand over the series to cartoonist Dan Spiegel to illustrate, an assignment that, for some reason, Dan never did receive. (Former Kirby inker Ayers ultimately assumed the penciling chores for the book’s final ten issues.) Whatever its origin, KAMANDI proved to be a big hit, lasting for 59 Oddball issues!