• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know who zaq12 is on E-bay?

82 posts in this topic

Just what I was thinking. The good news is that he didn't send him any money yet.

What kind of seller sends books to a buyer he's unfamiliar with prior to getting paid?

The same kind of person who sends money to a seller he's unfamiliar with prior to receiving any merchandise? confused-smiley-013.gif

One is standard practice, the other is not.

What kind of seller sends books to a buyer he's unfamiliar with prior to getting paid?

How about one who states this is what he will do but never has any intention. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But then he'll never get paid. Pretty poor scam if you don't get paid.

I sent an email to the seller asking for the tracking code. He said he was busy this weekend and wasn't able to ship the books as promised. But, he will try to ship them today. We'll see.

Ah, the excuses start!!!!! Didn't take long.

Just what I was thinking. The good news is that he didn't send him any money yet.

HighVoltage PMed me he sent me my ASM 7 out right after I PMed him I dropped off my money order at the Post Office.

He and I never did business before! thumbsup2.gif

But we already are planing some more!

Great Guy! hail.gif

But he "knew" you off the boards already?

Well true, but only by post count rep.

But it was the first time we talked in PMs, and the first time money changed hands.

But he "knew" you off the boards already?

Well true, but only by post count rep.

But it was the first time we talked in PMs, and the first time money changed hands.

Yeah, but you both still had a chance to assess each other, and he knew that if you stiffed him, he could out you on the boards. I'm talking about a buyer and seller who are 2 complete strangers. Perhaps people do it, but I wouldn't, and in a case like this it just adds to the suspicion levels.

How about one who states this is what he will do but never has any intention. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But then he'll never get paid. Pretty poor scam if you don't get paid.

Or perhaps a scam gone astray? Foiled perhaps.

We'll see. Time will tell.

The same kind of person who sends money to a seller he's unfamiliar with prior to receiving any merchandise? confused-smiley-013.gif

One is standard practice, the other is not.

And that makes it less strange because...

Time will tell. If it's a scam, it's very poorly thought out.

No need to take the offer from shadroch since the books will, supposedly, be delivered tomorrow. But then again, I'm only a month in on this board, can I really trust any of you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Time will tell. If it's a scam, it's very poorly thought out.

No need to take the offer from shadroch since the books will, supposedly, be delivered tomorrow. But then again, I'm only a month in on this board, can I really trust any of you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Definitely not. makepoint.gif

But then again, I'm only a month in on this board, can I really trust any of you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First rule is don't trust any lawyer who uses "Esquire" or "Esq." in his name or title. gossip.gif

But then again, I'm only a month in on this board, can I really trust any of you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First rule is don't trust any lawyer who uses "Esquire" or "Esq." in his name or title. gossip.gif

Who let this crazy person in here? screwy.gif

Hah! Before going to bed, I decided to check my Ebay account.

Got another note, the seller lost my address and asked for it again. Christo_pull_hair.gif

However, he did acknowledge that Metropolis was the winner of a few of the other auctions and claims he made the exchange today.

I resent my address. Now I wait until Wednesday. sleeping.gif

I'd be more concerned with who gets out of here then who gets in.

The First Rule is DON'T TRUST ANY LAWYER!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Apparently, he's an attendant or shield-bearer to a knight.

Hah! Before going to bed, I decided to check my Ebay account.

Got another note, the seller lost my address and asked for it again. Christo_pull_hair.gif

However, he did acknowledge that Metropolis was the winner of a few of the other auctions and claims he made the exchange today.

I resent my address. Now I wait until Wednesday. sleeping.gif

I'ved e-mailed Fischler and waiting to find out what happened with his transaction.

Metro consumated half the deal. The other 50% had some level of restoration (even though the auction says unrestored).

The seller himself e-mailed me and now claims that he is selling the books for a friend who bought them originall from Neat Stuff. Of course this contradicts the statements in the auction.