• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping Profiteering BS!

186 posts in this topic

If you have CGC'd comics for $5 I'll buy them all from you makepoint.gif

Sounds like the call of the Shipping Profiteer. foreheadslap.gif

If you don't want to sell a book for $5, then spend the $$$ and use a reserve or set a higher starting bid. Just don't be a scammer and and inflate shipping just to cover for your own stupidity.

What are you talking about? You stated that the guys slabbed comic was worth $5.00. All I said was that if you have slabbed comics for $5.00 I'll buy them all from you..... makepoint.gif

Yeah right, And my comment on SCAMMERS who inflate shipping charges to make up for their own stupidity had you thinking I was actually advertising $5 CGC books? screwy.gif

I think everyone on here know what you were really trying to say. thumbsup2.gif

If you have CGC'd comics for $5 I'll buy them all from you makepoint.gif

Sounds like the call of the Shipping Profiteer. foreheadslap.gif

If you don't want to sell a book for $5, then spend the $$$ and use a reserve or set a higher starting bid. Just don't be a scammer and and inflate shipping just to cover for your own stupidity.

What are you talking about? You stated that the guys slabbed comic was worth $5.00. All I said was that if you have slabbed comics for $5.00 I'll buy them all from you..... makepoint.gif

Yeah right, And my comment on SCAMMERS who inflate shipping charges to make up for their own stupidity had you thinking I was actually advertising $5 CGC books? screwy.gif

I think everyone on here know what you were really trying to say. thumbsup2.gif

Dude you're way off as usual, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not for postage stealing, I'm interested in $5.00 slabbed books. Mr. Happy once again wants to start trouble 893naughty-thumb.gif You need to take a valium and chill out screwy.gif

Business is down...guaranteed. That's why eBay is trying to break into different countries...the model is in the maturation phase and they need to expand to keep the shareholders happy.

I don't think it's maturing, as it is decaying. EBay started out as an "everyman's flea market", gained incredible popularity due that fact alone, and then EBay suddenly changed gears and shifted their business model towards the large "mass merchandisers".

That got them some short-term gains, but will account for long-term pain, as customers have not embraced the new business model. The majority of people shop EBay for deals and to find new and interesting items from "other people's basements", not to sift through thousands of generic "broken/refurb" crepe from shady wholesale dealers who charge $50 to ship a faulty MP3 player.

Well...I give him credit...there's more possible upside than downside with that strategy.

But that comeback is sooooo transparent.

Anytime a comic geek feels challenged about something, they always reply "well, if you've got X for $Y, I'll buy them all". Trust me, I've seen it literally thousands of times in the "Market Crash Threads", and it's highly amusing that he thinks others fail to read his intent.

Well...I give him credit...there's more possible upside than downside with that strategy.

Anytime a comic geek feels challenged about something, they always reply "well, if you've got X for $Y, I'll buy them all". Trust me, I've seen it literally thousands of times in the "Market Crash Threads", and it's highly amusing that he thinks others fail to read his intent.

You're such a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you think everyone has an agenda to screw people over. You don't know me, I'm not out to screw people. Now why don't you go take a laxative and go lay down. sumo.gif

I may love comics but I'm not a geek. You must be looking at yourself in the mirror.

so, what was the intent? I took it at face value.

foreheadslap.gif

My Comment: "Comic prices are just too high right now, and I see a crash coming."

BA Speculator's Comeback: "Well, if you have any Hulk 181's on sale for cover price, I'll buy them all from you!! makepoint.gif"

My Comment: "It's tough seeing any Copper Age book, outside of some Independants, increasing in value in the future."

CA Speculator's Comeback: "Oh yeah, well next time you see any NM Miracle Man #15's in the quarter bin, I'll buy them all from you!! makepoint.gif"

My Comment: "Ah yes, insurance for a $5 book. I bet the seller spent $5-$7 for standard Air Lettermail and pocketed the rest."

Shipping Profiteer's Comeback: "If you have CGC'd comics for $5 I'll buy them all from you!!! makepoint.gif"

so, what was the intent? I took it at face value.

foreheadslap.gif

My Comment: "Comic prices are just too high right now, and I see a crash coming."

BA Speculator's Comeback: "Well, if you have any Hulk 181's on sale for cover price, I'll buy them all from you!! makepoint.gif"

My Comment: "It's tough seeing any Copper Age book, outside of some Independants, increasing in value in the future."

CA Speculator's Comeback: "Oh yeah, well next time you see any NM Miracle Man #15's in the quarter bin, I'll buy them all from you!! makepoint.gif"

My Comment: "Ah yes, insurance for a $5 book. I bet the seller spent $5-$7 for standard Air Lettermail and pocketed the rest."

Shipping Profiteer's Comeback: "If you have CGC'd comics for $5 I'll buy them all from you!!! makepoint.gif"

You have just proven to the entire forum that you are King of the Stupid beating out Stuttering John by a mile.

I never said anything about Hulk 181,

I never said anything about Miracle Man 15

All I questioned was if you had any $5.00 slabbed comics that I would buy them all. That's it. After that, you jumped the gun and assumed that I was only interested in charging excessive postage screwy.gif

Is this comicseeker guy for real, or is he just another shill?

a shill with 800 posts and buys comics from other forum members 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif yes...once again JC has proven that he is King of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons

Funny how when your back is up against the wall you accuse people of being fraudulent or shills 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No one on this board likes you JC....deal with it 893applaud-thumb.gif

No one on this board likes you JC....deal with it 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm not here to make friends, and I can guarantee there is not a single person on here who views you as intelligent. Deal with it.