• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many estimated copies exist of Marvel price variants?

37 posts in this topic

Can you guys give me an idea of what sets a 30 cent variant apart from other 30 cent comics? confused-smiley-013.gif And the same question for 35 cent variants, how can I tell if they are variants or just regular 35 cent comics? confused-smiley-013.gif Should I be looking at the dates that they were issued? Cheers! thumbsup2.gif

Can you guys give me an idea of what sets a 30 cent variant apart from other 30 cent comics? confused-smiley-013.gif And the same question for 35 cent variants, how can I tell if they are variants or just regular 35 cent comics? confused-smiley-013.gif Should I be looking at the dates that they were issued? Cheers! thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif All you need to know is 30 cent variants are all Marvel comics from Apr. to Aug. 1976 with a 30 cent price except for Inhumans # 5 and Kazar # 16 and the 35 cent variants are all Marvel Comics from June to Oct. 1977 with a 35 cent price except for Spidey Super Stories grin.gif and now you know it all thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif that MGC #74 Direct Market comic is Strange I think that maybe it got released with the late Oct. Whitman bag's for some reason maybe to make up the number of books they need to fill those Whitman orders and since it was a reprint and probably easy to get ready eairly so they picked that one confused-smiley-013.gif. I also see that the Newstand verision of MGC 74 has the 35 cent variant style font like some other Nov. Marvels " Tomb of Dracula #61, Marvel Tales #85, Godzilla #4, Nova #15 and maybe a few more" but I think all these comics must have been released eairly the first week in Nov. 1977 and is why they all got that 35 cent variant font, and just maybe that Fantastic Four #187 was also printed with this group since it is the only 35 cent variant with 35 cent in the indica. Wish I knew more about this myself I am just guessing and really have no ideal how it all went down 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif good luck with your auction is that the one you got from me?

Kid Colt 218

3 known copies?

I just remember you guys whooping and hollering over that one when we found those 200+ 35 centers and killed the market for everyone sorry.gif

I haven't been following it that close since, but I seem to remember nobody had seen that one at that time.

Of course what we didn't tell you guys is that we found about 10 each of westerns. devil.gif

Of course what we didn't tell you guys is that we found about 10 each of westerns. devil.gif

So I assume they're all sold to suckers by now?

no, he's trying to be funny.

So I assume they're all sold to suckers by now?

no, he's trying to be funny.

With an emphasis on trying.

The variants do make their way around the country (world). I have found 24 $.35 variants in Central Florida. 19 of those were from one collection including the Iron Fist 14 that I recently sold on the boards. I have only found two 30 cent variants in Florida. More than likely the collection I got the 19 copies out of was a person who moved here frrom one of the distribution areas with their original owner collection. Last week I found a $.35 Nova #14 out of a book store in Jacksonville.

More than likely the collection I got the 19 copies out of was a person who moved here frrom one of the distribution areas with their original owner collection. Last week I found a $.35 Nova #14 out of a book store in Jacksonville.

Hi mcmiles theirs a chance that Florida could be one of those Distribution Areas 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Flying Donut posted a letter on hear a while back that sugested that their were 6 cities and I have only been able to verify 4 of them so far and I am not 100% sure on the location 2 of those but I think I am close tonofbricks.gif You would think by now we would at least know where they came from crazy.gif.

I have found some in Central and North Florida but not here in the South. We get a lot of Winter Birds and vacationers so they may have been transplanted. Terry has a few 35 centers that I found in Daytona and Gainesville IIRC.