• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple comics hoards

84 posts in this topic

Here's a topic for fun -- what comic have you got stashed away in quantity? Issue #s and quantities please.

One of the oldest comics I've hoarded that comes to mind is DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths from 1985. Now not only did I think this series was going to be cool so that I wanted to buy one set -- I went and bought TEN copies of every issue. Still got 'em, plus a few additional copies I've salvaged from bargain bins over the years.

So what comics are you waiting to be discovered by comics fans as a must-have and then your hoard will buy you a cushy retirement?

176856-crisis1.jpg.bc13053708d5051d50cd60712e1c87bd.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15.. I have 100 copies around

Seriously .. amazing spider man 276. Spidey unmasks hobgoblin

I racked up on Spidey # 361 (175 copies) & 362 (100 copies) 893frustrated.gif

Oh...that's going to pay off for you in the long run! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not really hoarding them, I just like to buy lots of them cause I really like the book.

I have 3 copies of ASM 14, 6 copies of Marvel Spotlight 5, 3 copies of ASM 136, and 5 copies of Ghost Rider 1. smile.gif

Brian

893frustrated.giffrown.gif

What do you want for your 175 copies of 361? smirk.gif

Buy the way..does anyone need 50 copies of ASM 381?

Oh yeah, I also seem to have about 20 copies (or so) of Amazing Spider-Man #191... a truly un-memorable issue featuring a robotic Spider-Slayer. smile.gif

I knew a comics dealer who had bought about 300 copies of Battlestar Galactica back when the issue first came out. Last time I ran into him a few years ago he was still the proud owner of almost all 300 copies!

176903-Spidey191.jpg.b30901d2a600ee7d56ba6bfad8eab79a.jpg

Whenever a comic is promoted thru the yin-yang in Diamond Previews or Wizard as the next guaranteed investment book, do NOT buy a sealed case of 200. I am starting to get sick of seeing cgc'd complete sets of Origins at every comicon. 27_laughing.gif

893frustrated.giffrown.gif

What do you want for your 175 copies of 361? smirk.gif

Buy the way..does anyone need 50 copies of ASM 381?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't counted in a few years but off the top of my head from the 70s:

75+ Kamandi #1

75+ Shazam #1

25+ Swamp Thing #1

10+ Swampthing # 7

20+ Mister Miracle #4

15+ Kull #1

10+ Marvel Feature #3

10+ Powerman #17

40+ Nova #1

10+ Amazing Adventures #1 & 12

Don't even get me started on the late 80s-early 90s...uugh

Whenever a comic is promoted thru the yin-yang in Diamond Previews or Wizard as the next guaranteed investment book, do NOT buy a sealed case of 200. I am starting to get sick of seeing cgc'd complete sets of Origins at every comicon. 27_laughing.gif

Hey but suckers did buy them initially tongue.gif. Come to think of it suckers STILL buy them on ebay.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Nothing much in that list to be ashamed of!!!!!

But please, share with us one of your greatest excesses from each of the 80's and 90's!

Ignoring the obvious Spider-Man/X-Men stuff. I still have:

20+ CyberRad #? (the 1st glow in the dark cover)

25+ Sleep Walker #6 & 7 (the Spider-Man x-over)

30+ Lost in Space #1 & #2

50+ Team Titans #1

75+ Wonder Man #1

100+ Doom Patrol #1

100+ Green Arrow #1 (not the Kevin Smith one)

ouch...

Wonder Man #1? 75 copies? Double ouch. Are they going to have to bury those copies with you?

I feel your pain.

27_laughing.gif

I have 5 copies each of Badger #1 and Nexus #1 from Capital Comics. (I got two of the Nexus #1s, #2s, and #3s signed by Steve Rude!!!)

For some reason I can't resist buying those #1 issues when I see them in a bargain box. smile.gif

Yes! Crisis #1. I have quite a few stashed away. Bought them off the rack by the dozen along with other *hot-comics* of the day;

Secret Wars 1 & 8

Secret Wars 2 #1

Flash 306

Spider-man 252

Daredevil 181

X-Men Annual 10

Camelot 3000 #1

Omega-Men #1

among others that I have in long boxes and of course such incredible wastes of money as;

New Universe #1 issues

Misc. Funny Animal #1 issues seemingly by the pound, that followed the TMNT craze

Misc. Independent #1 issues not worth the paper they are printed on.