• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Magik in the air.....

3 posts in this topic

Oh yeah I forgot, Mr. MagiK did quite a few shows 1987-1991 especially dealing in high grade comic books. On rare ocassion he had books pressed by Cicconi.

He had books photographed by Ernie for the Photojournals. He did help the boys Quinn & Vigil put out Faust: Love of the Damned premiere issue ( Black with red writing, no people) and also

dealt quite a few Cry For Dawn's until Canada Customs confiscated boxes of them.

Furthermore you can thank Mr. Magik (And Gary Colabuono) for the Spider-Man: Skating on thin Ice saturation in the U.S. (I am exaggerating but they had alot)

His ASM # 1-20 ARE NOT pressed or cleaned or anything. (Fishler actually drooled ) His # 1 I told him we could get $100,000.00 for in 1993. There are NO stress lines, unlike even the 9.8's (unslabbed) I've seen. Now I think he could easily get 7 figures for the 1-20.

He was my first want list customer in 1988, for a Showcase # 34.

He was involved in a head on collision with a truck coming into his turn lane as he was sitting waiting to turn on his motorcycle. Six Million Dollar Man, he was down for awhile but (Mr. MagiK-ly, hmmn?) came back, to work on his collection of Triumph chromes.

Mr. Magik taught me to watch for trimmed books and married covers, and to always bring cash when viewing collections because a lot of times other competing dealers would bring checks and promises and you whip out $2,000.00 canadian AND $2,000.00 U.S. just like that and walk away with everything even though the other dealer may have been there "1st", and offered more than 3 times what you had. No one wants to wait for money

I see this is a transplant from my Suspense 3 thread - cool! I look forward to hearing about other people's experiences with the Magik man.

...I am currently getting my "Bronty" belt buckle made as we speak (inside joke, see Suspense thread wink.gif )

Will it have rhinestones or gold? Silver lame'? 27_laughing.gif I had a brass buckle of a bull's head with the horns, then I got fat and the horns poked me so I had to switch to suspenders. No I am kidding ( The suspender part. Tha rest is true. i got thinner again but lost the buckle.) BACK TO MR. MAGIK

He is a really awesome guy and I really learned alot about comic books, and some life lessons as well.