• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic WW II cover just arrived

18 posts in this topic

I just got this in - raw buy on ebay - had never even seen the cover before, i saw the auction and had to bid, even though i've mostly been a seller in the last couple years - issue #2 is listed as a classic cover, i've never seen it but could it be more classic than this? A Leatherneck flame throwing the red-octopus - what a sick graphic! (My scanner is down so i can only post a camera image). Another one just popped up on ebay today but in much lesser condition.

1229872-IMG_2739small_2.jpg.a0a82452f03b6c8faa6481d97633381f.jpg

Thanks! Problem is that i'm getting the bug to start accumulating again when i'm supposed to be downsizing my collectibles - i guess that's a common disease crazy.gif

oh yes, seems like for every one you sell, you buy two more..

I just got this in - raw buy on ebay - had never even seen the cover before, i saw the auction and had to bid, even though i've mostly been a seller in the last couple years - issue #2 is listed as a classic cover, i've never seen it but could it be more classic than this? A Leatherneck flame throwing the red-octopus - what a sick graphic! (My scanner is down so i can only post a camera image). Another one just popped up on ebay today but in much lesser condition.
I've seen that comic in various grades pop up on ebay three or four times in the last year and every time I say: "Dang. I should get that." Very cool book and it looks like it's in good shape too. Must be a good month for ebay buying!

I saw this one and it looked nice enough on ebay - the seller had over 700 feedback and no negs, i think he is a veteran who had it forever, he is selling all kinds of WW II items. It came in and i'd say its f/vf - maybe vf- doesn't look like any restoration - there is only one on the census, low grade - the colors are amazing.

I know - i've gotta avoid that if possible - hey, it's funny but one of the only golden age Actions i have left is a decent mid-grade 48, it's in storage somewhere though.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif ARE YOU WANTING TO SELL IT ???? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN.... PLEASE FIND IT AND POST A SCAN , AND IF YOU WANT TO SELL, I'M SURE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I knew someone was going to jump on that. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif There was a Fair on Ebay a couple days ago by the way. poke2.gif

yeah, I saw that one, but Pee-UU, it was pretty bad, I think the CF was missing.

Unfortunately it's packed away pretty good right now because I am selling my place, but I come on here pretty often and look around, i've seen your postings a bit and will try to post it up after i move and unpack. May be several months with the slow real estate market now though. Its probably a VG+, nice cover with no creases, but i think it had some small tape inside cover and a few little tears and some general wear.

Unfortunately it's packed away pretty good right now because I am selling my place, but I come on here pretty often and look around, i've seen your postings a bit and will try to post it up after i move and unpack. May be several months with the slow real estate market now though. Its probably a VG+, nice cover with no creases, but i think it had some small tape inside cover and a few little tears and some general wear.

sounds great to me,.. I can wait..PM sent

Nice United States Marines #3! It is a book that pops up on ebay with some frequency, but rarely in that nice a shape.

Exactly what I was gonna say! Congrats, SurfingAlien!

My favorite WWII cover is from G.I Combat #78....a SA book and somewhat common. But damn that book has a sweet cover, kind of brings out the emotion of the soldier on the beaches of Normandy. I just bought a VF- condition copy of the book, selling my GD condition copy. Now I need to find a NM copy of it.....