• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk vol. 1 #7 - #11 mock covers

21 posts in this topic

Found this at http://www.mrlcomics.com/incredible_hulk_vol1_01to11.htm

Scroll to the bottom and find "unpublished" custom covers of Hulk 7-11. Anyone know anything about these or who did them? They simply look like re-draws of Kirby material but they're done very nicely. Ah to think what it would be like if that series contnued... cloud9.gif

Definitely CG covers but I admit I did a triple take when I first saw them. These are awesome! It looks like issue #7 Hulk was borrowed from page one of #3 (mirrored), #8 Hulk was influenced from Hulk #3 page 20, #9 Hulk was inspired from what looks like the TTA 68 cover, and #10 green Hulk was flat out traced from Hulk #4 cover... Jezzus, does this qualify as a nerd alert?

Who the heck is Merlinnus? confused.gif

I like issue 7 the best and 8 is a close second.

9 and 11 are so-so and 10 sucks.

Was the cover to 6 originally that Blue?

I've seen a few bluer ones over the years but 90%+ of them are purple now.

confused.gif

Who the heck is Merlinnus? confused.gif

I like issue 7 the best and 8 is a close second.

9 and 11 are so-so and 10 sucks.

Was the cover to 6 originally that Blue?

I've seen a few bluer ones over the years but 90%+ of them are purple now.

confused.gif

Merlinnus... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wasn't he on Mr. Belvedere? tongue.gif

The #6 wasn't blue but was a black to red gradient (top to bottom). I think a few covers shown on the site are from Marvel Masterpiece reprints. I wish they would offer Hulk reprints in their original colors... cloud9.gif

Those are very cool. The #8 image of Fin Fang Foom is a swipe from the splash #2 in Strange Tales 89.

A lot of these images may be swipes (hey Liefeld made a career of it), but the artist has put these together in a great way -- kinda cool to see someone's interpretation of "What Coulda Been"......

thumbsup2.gif