• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When did Heritage purchase Part of CBG?

19 posts in this topic

Well, no, they didn't. At least I hope they didn't.

But after reading some past Comics Market Reports written by Brent Frankenhoff it seems like they did. It used to be that there were actual market reports in this section and realized sales for comics were reported. It was one of the main reasons why I still subscribed to CBG b/c I found that info of use.

Yet lately, such as in this most recent issue (#1618), the entire page is nothing but a promotional plug for Heritage's latest signature auction.

What the heck is that about? foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif Heritage cannot afford to pay for its own advertisements?

A market report should be reporting on market sales. If Frankenhoff wants to write about the sales that Heritage achieved, by all means do so, but don't serve as their pr person in advance of their auctions.

I don't know Frankenhoff, but I intend to write him about this, as well as CBG editors, and voice my complaints. If anyone else agrees with me, you can reach him at megaguide@krause.com.

One Man Cannot Make a Differance -- Daffy Duck

One Man Can Shoot a Duck - Elmer Fudd grin.gifdevil.gif

But what about all those times Daffy twisted back the barrel of the gun so Elmer ended up shooting himself? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One Man Cannot Make a Differance -- Daffy Duck

One Man Can Shoot a Duck - Elmer Fudd grin.gifdevil.gif

But what about all those times Daffy twisted back the barrel of the gun so Elmer ended up shooting himself? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That was Bugs Bunny. Daffy usually took both barrels smirk.gifthumbsup2.gif

I've also noticed the degradation of the CBG market report...

In their defense, the dedicated guy who used to provide those reports, Darryl Buchanan/Comic Sheet, evidently doesn't write the article for CBG anymore. As a result, I think any in-depth market report exited with him.

Jim

Yet lately, such as in this most recent issue (#1618), the entire page is nothing but a promotional plug for Heritage's latest signature auction.

Like the kind of lot by lot, "hey that's cool" thing that I usually do on my blog but didn't do this time out because I ran out of time?

I've "spoken" several times with Frankenhoff via e-mails this morning. He has asked that I keep our communications private and I shall honor that request. I think we will have to agree to disagree with how the column is being written.

I encourage others to contact him and other CBG/Krause editors directly to voice their position.

If you can get 2 or 3 people to drop their subscriptions, you could shut down their whole operation. 27_laughing.gif

Exactly. People still read CBG? Since it went monthly, it's become useless to me.

If you can get 2 or 3 people to drop their subscriptions, you could shut down their whole operation. 27_laughing.gif

Exactly. People still read CBG? Since it went monthly, it's become useless to me.

Got a renewal offer just yesterday. I wasn't even remotely interested in re-signing up. Used to really enjoy the weekly frown.gif

I've "spoken" several times with Frankenhoff via e-mails this morning. He has asked that I keep our communications private and I shall honor that request. I think we will have to agree to disagree with how the column is being written.

I encourage others to contact him and other CBG/Krause editors directly to voice their position.

Listen, for the umpteenth time, Maggie and her boys are JOURNALISTS! Got it? They adhere to a higher and stricter ethos than the rest of us. And they are overworked too! They cant waste time writing reports etc .. They barely have enough time to retype up the press releases they are sent.

sheeesh!

Got a renewal offer just yesterday. I wasn't even remotely interested in re-signing up. Used to really enjoy the weekly frown.gif

sadly, me either. After 20+ years, there's just nothing in there anymore for me.

Although I've never met Metro Vinces wife,I feel like I know her after reading his market reports for years.People have used these reports for any number of things,from laying out their honeymoons to describing their inner-most fears.