• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This just ticks me off...

23 posts in this topic

This book was listed with a BIN of $298, but I was too dang slow, and the bidder ahead of me hit reserve. Now its well over the original BIN. If you know the market for a book, why kid yourself and just hit the reserve when you know the BIN is fair?

Time to cry in my soup... frown.gif

Wow...a BIN of $298 for a book that consistently hits $450 in 9.2? Is there something wrong with it that I don't see? At least the market (and not a lucky sonofagun) will have its day here, but I'm with you - if I had seen that particular BIN that book would be long gone.

The same is going to be true, by the way, for that FF #61 in 9.6 on Ebay currently. The BIN was $600 but Mark Wilson snapped it with his first bid. I bet it clears $700 as (I think) 9.6 is the top census for that particular (black cover'ed) FF. Both are nice copies for FF fans!

Dan

Well the problem is the guy you are bidding against Salfumetti. Another legendary buyer like mrahome. You could practically bid that book to infinity and not win. I have put 10 bids in against this guy and not cracked his bids on som,e books. I think I have beaten him on just a couple books but it was at a high cost. I do love bidding him up though - he loves to have his name out front obviously and loves to spend the money instead of sniping. Anytime he bids on something, he means to win!

I would tell you to email the guy and ask him if he'd sell it to you for the BIN, but since the price is past the BIN and in my emails with him the seller isn't a very friendly guy. Anyways, I really need to follow other Marvel titles more closely..I could've picked that one up and the Thor annual but passed mad.gif

Brian

Yeah, I was planning to pull the trigger on the B.I N for both the FF and the Thor Annual 2. I say both just as they were listed. But the [!@#%^&^] would not ship to me under ANY circumstances because I'm in Canada. mad.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Yeah, I was planning to pull the trigger on the B.I N for both the FF and the Thor Annual 2. I say both just as they were listed. But the [!@#%^&^] would not ship to me under ANY circumstances because I'm in Canada. mad.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Looking at the buyer feedback left for him, he used to ship to Canada. Something must have happened to turn him sour. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looking at the buyer feedback left for him, he used to ship to Canada. Something must have happened to turn him sour. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like what? He got tired of filling out that little customs label? He has all positives on his account and no negs or neutrals! Damn dork...I sold HIM a book! sumo.gif

Like what? He got tired of filling out that little customs label? He has all positives on his account and no negs or neutrals! Damn dork...I sold HIM a book! sumo.gif

Chill bubbles. Don't shoot the messenger.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Chill bubbles. Don't shoot the messenger.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am not bubbles....really! acclaim.gif

I am not bubbles....really! acclaim.gif

I know, I know. Just bugging you. You're a ', but not as big a ' as bubbles. insane.gif

Agreed...I may act like a ' but there is some relevant comic knowledge in my frail noggin'! Now...if only I would use it a little bit more often! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man.....I'm even more pissed now because I could have stolen that FF, and was going to. I was even considering his Cap 100, as I know someone who wants a 9.2. I guess he just didn't want an instant $850 Paypal Balance transfer. What a punk-@ss. 893censored-thumb.gif

greggy, not sure who your anger is directed towards...the other FF or my FF #61. I just had a annoying experience with two Canadian buyers who requested Global Priority, a service I might add that is supposed to deliver within 5-7 days but lacks tracking and insurance options. Anyway, after 8 weeks and some tense emails, the buyers finally received the books. Since I listed my current round of books, a few boarders here have asked if I will ship North but this time using Express Mail. Since a tracking number and insurance is possible I have agreed to this arrangement and offer it to any other CGC forum member residing in the great white north. No insult was intended, just a fear of books being lost....

greggy, not sure who your anger is directed towards...the other FF or my FF #61. I just had a annoying experience with two Canadian buyers who requested Global Priority, a service I might add that is supposed to deliver within 5-7 days but lacks tracking and insurance options. Anyway, after 8 weeks and some tense emails, the buyers finally received the books. Since I listed my current round of books, a few boarders here have asked if I will ship North but this time using Express Mail. Since a tracking number and insurance is possible I have agreed to this arrangement and offer it to any other CGC forum member residing in the great white north. No insult was intended, just a fear of books being lost....

Fing, I think the object of Andrew & greggy's anger, frustration is this seller.

Huh? I wasn't interested in any FFs. Just the general perception that it is so difficult to send a book across towards the border. Sure...others may not be as patient with me when a package hasn't arrived right away but all it requires is proper communication of your terms to your international buyers. insane.gif

Huh? I wasn't interested in any FFs. Just the general perception that it is so difficult to send a book across towards the border. Sure...others may not be as patient with me when a package hasn't arrived right away but all it requires is proper communication of your terms to your international buyers. insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey...it's only been 6 weeks since Bronzebruce sent me my package! Do I seem worried? 893frustrated.gif

Greggy, I think there's a conspiracy against you. First the vault books, now Bruce's books? I got my vault book around the same time guys in the U.S were getting them, and I got a package from Bruce in less than a week. Something dosen't seem right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greggy, I think there's a conspiracy against you. First the vault books, now Bruce's books? I got my vault book around the same time guys in the U.S were getting them, and I got a package from Bruce in less than a week. Something dosen't seem right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah...the customs guys are probably tired of seeing my name so they are playing with me! frown.gif