• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Dinner for Heroe's anyone?

90 posts in this topic

btw, what the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? is UNO's? Other than a card game insane.gif

Is it a pizza joint or something?

confused-smiley-013.gif

i've always thought that when you go to a new city, you eat at a local joint, not some place that you can eat at in your own town.

but some folks like familiarity i guess

I guess that depends on the city now, doesn't it poke2.gif

While I'm not a Charlotte expert, it doesn't feel "new" to me. More like Atlanta's ugly step child without a baseball team makepoint.gif

We have something in common then with ATL, neither city can fill a baseball stadium.

What are you basing that on? Atlanta is #11 so far this year in attendance with only 17 home games. That is with 2 million "yankee" transplants and 893censored-thumb.gif public transportation.

Attendance Report

btw, what the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? is UNO's? Other than a card game insane.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

i've always thought that when you go to a new city, you eat at a local joint, not some place that you can eat at in your own town.

While I'm not a Charlotte expert, it doesn't feel "new" to me. More like Atlanta's ugly step child without a baseball team makepoint.gif

well, maybe not the three-quarters of a square mile you've actually been in...

you do have a point about Charlotte wanting to be Atlanta. at least we have the good sense to play our football outdoors...on grass. to each their own

confused-smiley-013.gif

well, maybe not the three-quarters of a square mile you've actually been in...

you do have a point about Charlotte wanting to be Atlanta. at least we have the good sense to play our football outdoors...on grass. to each their own

I'll give you that one, but I think they did that so we can have monster truck rallies and host a SUPERBOWL

we'll get a Superbowl here before too much longer. just another five or six more years of global warming and we'll be right where we need to be 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is Giordano`s just up the street from the Rosemont convention center " real Chicago pizza". Being from the south i`ve thought it was all these years of going to Chicago......

I don't know. Isn't that the same place in Orlando? I'm pretty sure it is. That place is pretty good though.

Is Giordano`s just up the street from the Rosemont convention center " real Chicago pizza". Being from the south i`ve thought it was all these years of going to Chicago......

I don't know. Isn't that the same place in Orlando? I'm pretty sure it is. That place is pretty good though.

i believe they do have a location in orlando -- listed on their website

I'm in also, either night. ....calling Capt. Comics......Sterling......

I'll have to see - never know what Earl, David, Dave and all my other partners in crime have in mind. There may be people to meet and collections to buy. I hope!

Have we determined a bat-place and bat-time?

I'm in for dinner....the con is a maybe for me.

Sterling,

it looks like we are going to eat on Friday. Probably around 6:00 or so.

As we get closer, we will nail down a time.

thumbsup2.gif

I was a manager for UNO's for 2 years up until recently here in NY I now manage a Hooters...:)...not a great company to work for, but the foods pretty good...I would stick to the pizza as the steaks are pretty bad. The pastas are OK and the wings are suprisingly decent. The deep dish cookie sundae is awesome and highly recommended...I think I may have some coupons if you guys are going...just shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send them to you thumbsup2.gif

I was a manager for UNO's for 2 years up until recently here in NY I now manage a Hooters...:)...not a great company to work for, but the foods pretty good...I would stick to the pizza as the steaks are pretty bad. The pastas are OK and the wings are suprisingly decent. The deep dish cookie sundae is awesome and highly recommended...I think I may have some coupons if you guys are going...just shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send them to you thumbsup2.gif

Also, if you are going on a friday night I would suggest calling ahead...they don't do reservations, but the wait won't be as long...

Oh carp...Chuckie is coming down and bringing a ton of $$$ with him frown.gif

At least he paid the convention a nice compliment.

"In case you're wondering, I foresee no problem with us running out of back issues any time soon, even with these great sale prices in effect. I have already purchased my plane ticket to the Heroes Convention, WHICH IS HELD in Charlotte, North Carolina at the end of June. I went to that convention for the first time last year, and was absolutely amazed at not only the wonderful atmosphere of the convention, but also the incredible back issue deals. The Heroes Convention really does remind of San Diego, back in the days when it was the best comics convention in the country. Thanks to the strong business we're experiencing right now, I'm going to have a buying budget for Charlotte that will be at least triple last year's, so I intend to buy one heck of a lot of comics."