• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL*STAR BATMAN & ROBIN THE BOY WONDER # 4: Out of the Bat-Car-Plane-Sub-At-Last

44 posts in this topic

Miller (Frank) is "playing" with us, (the readers), as well as with Batman. He is giving us the most memorable

Batman's ever. People really do not know this Batman as we are seeing a raw, driven, Batman, early

in, not the well established one that we have come to know. I feel that Robin will start to effect his humanity, refining

some of thoses very hard edges. I do not think Batman is so much crazy, as he is "single-minded" in what he

sees as the right way to go. Is this wrong??? ...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif......for Batman ...... NO.

I think you are giving Miller waaaaaay too much credit. sumo.gif

acclaim.gifI would like to think so....... devil.gif....... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

After suffering through 2 1/2 issues of All-Star Batman (I stopped reading #2 halfway through in disgust), I have to say, #4 was, uh, almost decent.

Still a steaming pile of c r a p, but it had a few great moments.

I do take issue with Batman being around for many many years before taking in Robin and the Batcave fold-out, while nifty, is more a reflection of an established Batman and Robin team and not Batman a few years in and just now taking on his apprentice.

I'm looking forward to Neal Adams taking over the book.

After suffering through 2 1/2 issues of All-Star Batman (I stopped reading #2 halfway through in disgust), I have to say, #4 was, uh, almost decent.

Still a steaming pile of c r a p, but it had a few great moments.

I do take issue with Batman being around for many many years before taking in Robin and the Batcave fold-out, while nifty, is more a reflection of an established Batman and Robin team and not Batman a few years in and just now taking on his apprentice.

I'm looking forward to Neal Adams taking over the book.

Thats a cool avatar seank. cool.gif How did you get that cat to drink from a straw?

What is the fourth Batman title?

All Star

Batman

Detective

Batman/Superman

I thought about Superman/Batman but when was the last time that book was out every month?

25 came out one month after 24. I think they are getting back on track. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So how about that 6-page spread of the bat cave? And is every excited to wait until August for ish #5? 27_laughing.gif