• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killer collection

23 posts in this topic

Anybody notice the Wrightson Cover to HOM 195? That is sooooo much better than the cover of the comic. The coloring on the comic book muddies out Wrightson's detail work. Definitely a sweet addition to an amazing collection.

Anybody notice the Wrightson Cover to HOM 195? That is sooooo much better than the cover of the comic. The coloring on the comic book muddies out Wrightson's detail work. Definitely a sweet addition to an amazing collection.

I agree 100%, what a master artist!

That Bolland cover is absolutely killer - anyone have a ballpark figure of what it sold for?

Let's not talk about that cover...the hurt is still too fresh...and I have not figured out my "mission impossible-style" means to liberate it from Tom's steely grasp just yet.

Seriously...it went for 1 and 1/2 times what you'd think alot would be, and it's worth every penny. I think you could safely say you'd be more than 1/2 your way to a loaded Honda Accord EX with what it sold for....

Chris

It's nice and everything.... I appreciate Bolland as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is you, I guess). But I can't believe he's got the cover to Buster Crabbe 4 - that's truly one of the finest comic covers in existence cloud9.gif

As a UK collector 2000AD was my staple buy long before i discovered the US comics - thats why this Bolland cover has special meaning to me.

The actual page that's my grail is a Bolland Death - it's where Dredd is punching through the grid on Mortis' hemet - "Gaze into the fist of Dredd!".

I believe Bolland still owns that one but i could be wrong.

I've long considered getting in touch with Bolland to have that one panel recreated oversized as the absolute key to my OA collection but the price i imagine would be huge frown.gif

An incredible piece. 893whatthe.gif

The actual page that's my grail is a Bolland Death - it's where Dredd is punching through the grid on Mortis' hemet - "Gaze into the fist of Dredd!".

That the actual grail page for quite a few of us Bolland collectors...might be the most powerful thing he has ever done.

Chris

Nice Byrnes! cloud9.gif