• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Amazon screw up, but some fun info, Absolute Sandman Vol 1

56 posts in this topic

Well, its up to #13 on the best seller list. I wonder if there is a way to automatically notify Amazon of huge sales jumps. But perhaps books do this regularly corresponding with media events and the like....

Still though, think someone's losing a job over this?

I worked at amazon, they could give a [embarrassing lack of self control] about a few hundred books, I've seen some of the "waste" sitting around unsold, would blow your mind.

I got 30 copies of the Fantastic Four Omnibus through Amazon.co.uk for £12 each - as did a good number of my friends. All orders were honoured.

Not sure if the price mistake that time was from the same source as this, as the Omnibus was mis-priced on several other sites also. I think for that one it was because there were two FF collections out at the same time with the same cover.

I got 30 copies of the Fantastic Four Omnibus through Amazon.co.uk for £12 each - as did a good number of my friends.

And I assume you're proud of this? foreheadslap.gif

Don't get me wrong, I have made use of such deals for ONE PERSONAL COPY, but not to openly scam a business for THIRTY copies just to resell on EBay.

I got 30 copies of the Fantastic Four Omnibus through Amazon.co.uk for £12 each - as did a good number of my friends.

And I assume you're proud of this? foreheadslap.gif

Don't get me wrong, I have made use of such deals for ONE PERSONAL COPY, but not to openly scam a business for THIRTY copies just to resell on EBay.

to openly scam a business foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gifmakepoint.gif it's called being a business man!

to openly scam a business foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gifmakepoint.gif it's called being a business man!

No, it's actually called being a thief, but again, here I am foolishly talking ethics with a pile of comic book dealers. 27_laughing.gif

No, it's actually called being a thief, but again, here I am foolishly talking ethics with a pile of comic book dealers. 27_laughing.gif

That's your point of view. By the way, I thought you said that you had blocked from viewing my posts...that makes you a liar. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am proud of this, yes. I hope Amazon don't go out of business because of my terrible moral failings.

You can do what you want, but it truly amazes me what kind of behavior people brag about on here, like openly stating you scammed Amazon on THIRTY copies of a price error (as did your morally bankrupt buddies) is somehow "cool" and making you look like a "real man".

Trust me, I might be the only one with the ballz to actually post it, but I bet most of the people on here think you're pond scum.

By the way, I thought you said that you had blocked from viewing my posts...that makes you a liar. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I did, but I couldn't believe that ShillBoy here was still active on the forums (it's so blatant who you are, and I can't believe Arch hasn't caught on yet) that I "quoted" your response to see what you were blathering about.

You're on IGNORE, don't worry, but I'll still reply to your stupidity from time to time. poke2.gif

By the way, I thought you said that you had blocked from viewing my posts...that makes you a liar. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I did, but I couldn't believe that ShillBoy here was still active on the forums (it's so blatant who you are, and I can't believe Arch hasn't caught on yet) that I "quoted" your response to see what you were blathering about.

You're on IGNORE, don't worry, but I'll still reply to your stupidity from time to time. poke2.gif

That's your answer to everything when someone makes you look like an ASSS. Your a shill....I'm surpised that Arch hasn't booted you out for being such an arrogant, ignorant, insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

When Avalon Hill went out of business, Amazon had bought their left over inventory and was selling it dirt cheap (50% to 85% off). Perhaps this is a similar instance? Before accusing people of being morally bankrupt we should know all of the facts.

Just my .02, I only bought one.

When Avalon Hill went out of business, Amazon had bought their left over inventory and was selling it dirt cheap (50% to 85% off). Perhaps this is a similar instance? Before accusing people of being morally bankrupt we should know all of the facts.

I would remind you that this book is slated for a November 2006 release and Amazon has already made the product "unavailable". foreheadslap.gif

And I honestly couldn't care less what you reprobates do in your spare time. Run around scamming 100 copies of every price error for resale, rob old ladies, sell penny stocks to Alzheimer's victims, beat your kids - who cares.

Just don't come on here and BRAG about it, like it's something to be proud of. screwy.gif