• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATED!!!: BLOB'S $3 BINS (5/$13,10/$25(+ free s/h on 10 or more), 20/$40....)

36 posts in this topic

Looking to make some space in my closet for things like clothing.

$3 shipping in the U.S., free U.S. shipping with purchase of 10 or more at above $25 price (or more). Due to the inexpensive nature of these books I am more willing than usual to work with my friends abroad on coming up with less expensive shipping options than Global Priority, but I don't feel comfortable with 4-6 week options.

This is the first installment and you can add books from the various installments to get the discounts.

To claim a book, do an takeit.gif

I've done quickee grades on these, everything ought to be right by +/- 1/4 a grade (don't shoot me if the NM- is, in your opinion, a VF/NM, but don't be surprised if it's nicer because I'm not calling anything a NM unless it's a relatively new book (e.g., 90's and later), so factor the +/- into any decision to buy..

The larger the purchase, the higher the likelihood I will toss in some cheapy bronze or 1980's books for free.

OK, let's start strong...

X-Men 118, Byrne, book is around a VF- except the "slight" qualification of the coloring job on the cover, which probably puts it around a "good" if you don't believe in qualified grades.

xmen118.jpg

Tarzan 234, 100 page giant, G/VGish, mainly due to spine problems:

tarzan234.jpg

Spiderman 260, VG/Finish with some creases, wear, etc.

spiderman260.jpg

Shi #1, NM- or so:

shi1.jpg

Secret Origins #7, Fine or so copy except for the giant "5" on the cover:

secretorigins7.jpg

Master of Kung Fu 25, sharp copy execpt what's going on in bottom right, about a Fine:

master25.jpg

Kamandi 19, also about a Fine:

kamandi19.jpg

Jungle Action featuring Black Panther #11, VG or thereabouts:

jungle11.jpg

Hex #1, NM- or so:

hex1.jpg

Fantastic Four 244, Frany Ray becomes Galactus herald, VF/NM:

ff244.jpg

Demon 7, VG/Fine, slight stain on back:

demon7.jpg

Demon 11, VG/Fine:

demon11.jpg

Deathlok Graphic Novel 2 of 4. Originally had $3.95 cover. Started the Deathlok revivival in the early 90s. Unlike the comic series, this is actually a nice read with top notch art: NM-.

deathlok2.jpg

Deathlok GN 4 of 4. Also NM-.

deathlok4.jpg

OK, I'm getting really sleepy. Will continue tomorrow morning.

Last few for now:

Marvel Collector's Items Classics 14, G/VG or so with spine damage:

collectors14.jpg

Champions 15, Fine or so (Byrne art I think):

champions15.jpg

Champions 16, Fine- or so:

champions16.jpg

Battlestar Galactica 15, VF/NM:

battlestar15.jpg

X-Men 118, Byrne, book is around a VF- except the "slight" qualification of the coloring job on the cover, which probably puts it around a "good" if you don't believe in qualified grades.

xmen118.jpg

Nice color job! thumbsup2.gif

Whoever did it probrably could get a job with Marvel 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

who knows, that coloring job could have been done by our president during his lost years phase, if I were you I'd buy it...could be of historical significance

who knows, that coloring job could have been done by our president during his lost years phase, if I were you I'd buy it...could be of historical significance

yeahok.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm, tough crowd....

Alrighty, Avengers 159 VG+

avengers159.jpg

Avengers 185, VG (Byrne?)

avengers185.jpg

Avengers 186 (Byrne)

avengers186.jpg

Here are a bunch of sharp John Carters....

John Carter 27, NM-, arguably better, but printer's crease on back, ultra rare second to last issue!

carter27.jpg

John Carter 24, NM-

carter24.jpg

John Carter 23, NM-

carter23.jpg

John Carter 19, NM-

carter19.jpg

John Carter 17, NM-

carter17.jpg

John Carter 15, VF (crease)

carter15.jpg

John Carter 10, NM-

carter10.jpg

John Carter 9, VF/NM

carter9.jpg

John Carter 5, NM-

carter5.jpg

Action 477, VF+

action477.jpg

Captain America 261, with an ultra rare Nomad appearance!, VG-Fine

ca261.jpg

Captain America 231, VF/NM

ca231.jpg

Captain America 228, VF/NM

ca228.jpg

Captain America 209, VF-

ca209.jpg

Will be back later in the afternoon/evening with another stack of stuff to give you more to choose from in terms of getting a quantity discount

wow, slow day today. everyone out in the sun or have you sent all your money up to Beyonder? Didn't expect all to sell, but thought a few might get cherry picked by now. Anyways, I guess I'll be putting another 35-50 up and if they don't sell this weekend, off they go into my ebay store next week.

I'd rather sell here, but not selling isn't a total loss given that this way I've already done about 65% of the work I'll need to do (scanning, grading and pricing) to put it up on ebay. It forces me to get fresh inventory into my ebay store. Every time I move my non-sellers from here to ebay I get a little uptick in action over on ebay.

I have some Shazams I'll be putting up if I remember where they are, but you probably have them all in sextuplicate in Mint+. I'll do some digging for more DCs.

I might be out of beater Captain Marvel Fawcetts unless I have some hiding in storage (not that I'd be listing them for $3). For a group of titles that is supposedly not in demand, they all sold nicely at roughly 70-125% of guide on ebay. What's left are in nice shape (at least by my standards). If only my Barks ducks moved as well! Every couple of months I sell one of those for a good price, but it's slow.

Amazing eh? Really the great cover appeal CMA and Whiz(especially Whiz) go for a decent price. And the scarce books, still sell for at or above in ratty condition. As for as Shazams I am missing a couple of the more common books. I am just getting around to buying those.

heck, those goofy marvel family issues I put up here wound up selling for a little more on ebay and above guide. There's a collector's (not speculator, dealer or flipper's) price point with this stuff and people seem to not mind spending $10-$20 on this stuff (regardless of guide), There's more hesitation, it seems, for a similarly ratty copy (of let's say a slightly earlier or more key issue) at $30, even if at a better discount off guide, at least in my limited experience. Anyway, see you in an hour or two with some more listings!

Alrighty, I got Baby Blob to help me pick some books for y'all. He graded them too, so don't blame me for any mistakes....

comichelper_may20a.jpg

comichelper_may20c.jpg

House of Mystery 199, low grade reader, popped staple, etc. etc. Neal Adams, Wally Wood and more.

mystery199.jpg

G.I. Combat 97, low grade reader, water damage, etc.

combat97.jpg

Lois Lane 133, VG/Fine:

lois133.jpg

House of Mystery 156, first Robby Reed/Dial H For Hero, LOW grade reader, stains, stuff missing out of the spine, etc.

adventure156.jpg

So there, just to prove I have some DCs...

Fantastic Four 178, Fine or so:

ff178.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 207, VG/Fine:

spiderman207.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 326, VF:

spiderman326.jpg

Amazing Spiderman Annual 14, Frank Miller, VG+ or so:

spidermanannual14.jpg

Astonishing Tales featuring Deathlok the Demolisher! 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 (each being sold separately), average grade VG or so:

astonishing32.jpg

astonishing33.jpg

astonishing34.jpg

astonishing35.jpg

astonishing36.jpg

Captain America 220, VF/NM:

ca220.jpg

Captain America 225, VF/NM:

ca225.jpg

Captain America 258, VF (2 small creases and a printer's crease):

ca258.jpg

Iron Man 96, reader copy:

ironman96.jpg

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 133, Carl Barks, LOW grade, poor reader, some green stuff on back....:

wdcs133.jpg

Daredevil 31, low grade reader:

dd31.jpg

Daredevil 117, Fine:

dd117.jpg

Green Lantern 92, Fine-:

gl92.jpg

Werewolf By Night 19, Dracula, reader copy:

werewolf19.jpg

Richie Rich Zillionz #2, reader copy, looks nice in scan, but is a little "lumpy" like it was in a pile of comics stacked on a lumpy surface for years:

zillions2.jpg

Fly Man 33, low grade reader:

flyman33.jpg

Magnus Robot Fighter #3, F/VF, missing coupon:

magnus3.jpg

Hulk 184, VG, only 3 issues away from that grail...

hulk184.jpg

SOLD: Batman No Man's Land #1, Vf/NM:

noman1.jpg

SOLD: Detective Comics 598, VF (NM other than crease on top right)

detective598.jpg

SOLD: Batman 401, 2d Magpie, VF/NM:

batman401.jpg

SOLD: Batman 403, Joker appearance, NM-, maybe better:

batman403.jpg

SOLD: Batman 421, Starlin -script, VF+/VF/NM:

batman421.jpg

SOLD: Batman 425, Starlin, NM-:

batman425.jpg

AmAzing Adventures, War of the Worlds 24, VF:

aa24.jpg

Marvel Team-Up 38, Beast!, VG: