• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone REALLY slabbing Warrens and Skywalds?

33 posts in this topic

got this in the mail today from Pedigree

Scream5CGC96.jpg

I appreciate anything Skywald.

Considering these books were read over and over when they were released, (at least that is was I did) scoring a 9.6 on this issue is fantastic! :golfclap: Scream I believe is the tougher of the runs to complete with #3 being the hardest of the run to find in HG.

I myself am pro-slabbing high grade copies of any books 1960s and earlier.

Mostly not to resell but for the preservation aspect.

I also slab certain high grade modern books to make sure they keep there grade for longer than if they were just raw.

I guess I'm in the minority though.

But begs the question, why are you on a CGC board if you don't CGC?

I think those who have no book slabbed shouldn't be on these boards period.

I myself am pro-slabbing high grade copies of any books 1960s and earlier.

Mostly not to resell but for the preservation aspect.

I also slab certain high grade modern books to make sure they keep there grade for longer than if they were just raw.

I guess I'm in the minority though.

But begs the question, why are you on a CGC board if you don't CGC?

I think those who have no book slabbed shouldn't be on these boards period.

That's not a very nice comment.

I have slabbed one Vampi book and it came back 9.4

I usually only buy them slabbed though.

Sorry, but what is a harsh comment?

If you mean that last bit, then why do you think it's harsh?

Collector's Society and CGC does put this board up, don't they?

If you don't CGC, aren't you just using up expensive board space with raw comics?

I mean they put these boards together right? Where is your loyalty?

That's all I'm saying. No harshness in that.

If you don't CGC, aren't you just using up expensive board space with raw comics?

Doesn't CGC need/appreciate raw comics? (shrug)

Last I heard being a Collectors Society Member is not a prerequisite for posting on these boards. Just a place CGC has given us to hang out, discuss, share comics and stories. I would also add that most everyone who posts here whether they slab or not is pro CGC.

I think my comment speaks for itself as does yours. Lighten up the attitude or your gonna get eaten alive on these boards. Fortunatly your comment was posted here in the Quiet mag section and not in the general section. Otherwise you would have all kind of come down on you. I certainly dont slab for the most part, But I have made quite a few poeple money I would guess selling them my raw, for them to slab and flip. We all respect what CGC does and the great service they provide. And I certainly appreciate the Forum here.

Peace Bro! :foryou:

This is something which I have not tried yet, but I am getting ready to jump in with both feet. I just purchased a collection of high grade Warren/ Marvel/ Skywald/ and a few other companies Magazine. I am going to submit about 50 for grading and I will be running the rest at conventions. I love them, and I hope there is a decent market for them. I was really surprised at the prices on some of the books. I will be interested to see the market.