• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Identify Coverless GA Canadian Book...Please?

2 posts in this topic

While going through my beater Canadian GA books, I came across a coverless comic I forgot I had, and I have no idea what it might be. It's hard enough identifying any GA coverless book, let alone a b@stardized book like a Canadian version.

I'd appreciate if anyone could identify anything about what book it might be (either US or Can. version). It's almost certainmy early 1950s. There is a shred of the cover left on the upper staple and it's yellow, so that might give some hint as well. As well, it might be an Ace comic as it compared similarly with another book I got with the same collection.

Front Splash Page:

Coverlesssplash.jpg

Backup story splash page:

Coverlessbackup.jpg

Back page:

coverlessrearpage.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help... flowerred.gif

Probable ID from the GCD:

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=263241

King Solomon's Mines #1

1951 Series - Avon

Yellow cover, but it's not Canadian. Not fully indexed so there's no way to ID the back-up story. The story doesn't show up on a title search for race-track, racetrack or race track.

Jack

While going through my beater Canadian GA books, I came across a coverless comic I forgot I had, and I have no idea what it might be. It's hard enough identifying any GA coverless book, let alone a b@stardized book like a Canadian version.

I'd appreciate if anyone could identify anything about what book it might be (either US or Can. version). It's almost certainmy early 1950s. There is a shred of the cover left on the upper staple and it's yellow, so that might give some hint as well. As well, it might be an Ace comic as it compared similarly with another book I got with the same collection.

Front Splash Page:

Coverlesssplash.jpg

Backup story splash page:

Coverlessbackup.jpg

Back page:

coverlessrearpage.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help... flowerred.gif