• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top five villains

41 posts in this topic

For DC:

Lex Luthor

Ras Al Ghul

Joker

Dr. Sivana(Believe you me, this guy will be a Top 5 in the next year, grin.gif)

Deathstroke(Though, Trigon was pretty cool as was Brother Blood)

I am prepared for open mockings now, so let it rip!!!!

top five in terms of what, exactly? effect on the universe they reside in? most pure evil? best character? most powerful?

oh, and I wouldn't consider Galactus to be either "good" or "evil," as i subscribe to the theory that he is a Universal force, much like the In-Betweener, Order, and Chaos.

oh, and Doctor Doom is the single greatest villian creation since the Joker

DC

1. Joker

2. Rhas

3. Deathstroke

4. Black Atom

5. Lex Luthor

Marvel

1. Magneto

2. Doctor Doom

3. Kingpin

4. Green Goblin

5. Kang

oh, and I wouldn't consider Galactus to be either "good" or "evil," as i subscribe to the theory that he is a Universal force, much like the In-Betweener, Order, and Chaos.

Some guy comes to Earth, looking to consume it and all its citizens, then yeah, he's pretty well a villain in my mind. I don't think you'd be telling everyone "he's just a force of nature" while the the world burned.

Remember, villains are just heroes from another POV, and vice versa.

Some guy comes to Earth, looking to consume it and all its citizens, then yeah, he's pretty well a villain in my mind. I don't think you'd be telling everyone "he's just a force of nature" while the the world burned.

Remember, villains are just heroes from another POV, and vice versa.

well...i see your point, but this is just a semantical difference regarding the term "villain" that we're going to have. is a lion that eats a person a "villain?" confused-smiley-013.gif

that being said, i don't think that anyone would just chalk up the concept of Galactus eating Earth as "boys being boys," either.

i guess i consider "villains" people who do evil deeds for their own pleasure. Doom doesn't need to destroy Reed Richards, he just really really wants to. Joker doesn't need to kill people, he just finds it relaxing. Galactus needs to eat planets to live. Yeah, it sucks, but what's a guy gonna do?

contrast this with the Pheonix force, which destroys suns - and solar systems by proxy - because it enjoys it. big difference.

that being said my list is a combination of all the criteria - interesting characters, width and breadth of their influence across their respective pantheons, and personal appeal...in no particular order;

Dark Pheonix

Thanos

Apocalypse

Doctor Doom

Magneto - the BA version, not the SA or modern "we're all on the same side" chrap

Darkseid

Joker

Mordru

Time Trapper

Black Adam

DC

1. Joker

2. Luthor

3. Darkseid

4. Brainiac

5. Catwoman

Marvel

1. Doom

2. Red Skull

3. Galactus

4. Magneto

5. Thanos

Great list...I might have typed too quickly. Darkseid and Braniac rock.