• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

look what I got!! big Thanks to JML

6 posts in this topic

just wanted to post a pic of a book i finally got!! as a matter of fact i got two copies of it. both are solid 9.4 to 9.8 (one is very slightly nicer in my opinion). This will complete my set of slabbed (sending both copies ASAP) Dawn: Lucifer's Halo variant cover books. I already have the rest and got these from Linsner as they are tough to find anywhere else. He also sent a TPB with a sketch on cover and a Hardcover collected works (the Art of Joseph Michael Linsner) with a dawn sketch on inside cover. makes a total of 4 dawn sketches for me!

here is a scan of one of the Dawn White Trash variants. The other is devoid of sigs or any other writing.

dawnwsketch.jpg

Just to let you all know I scanned it inside of the mylar bag, so cover is not as bright as it could be. also ULC is not blunted, its my scanner and a shadow which gives it an appearance. the only flaw i could find (no staple stress, no spine stress, sharp corners) is some very light color flecking along spine which seems pretty common with the heavy stock books. the others i have slabbed with this are 9.4 to 9.8. any comments? cloud9.gif

You lucky [!@#%^&^]. I am so jealous. Love Dawn, love Linsner.

When you say you got them from Linsner himself what do you mean exactly????

I got so deperate for one of these, i emailed Linsner.com and Zeke (the guy who runs it) said that they had a very small amount of these left that no one had bought and they were sitting in a box at someones house. so i bought two and asked (begged) for Joe to do a sketch on the cover of one. they agreed only if i promised never to sell these on ebay. i was cool with that. then i cajoled for a few more sketched items, ie the hardcover. all of the ones i have seen with even minimal sketches command a decent buck. the sketch in this is about the same as this guy has in his auction Right here.

the one i really want now is this one right here!

check out that drawing!! need a few more bucks for that though!

all in all though, linsner.com were nice to do buisness with. hard to say if he would do this again, i bet he would. and the prices were great all things considered!!