• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your most valueable comic?

60 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering what is your most valuable comic you own? what's the grade and eveything ect..I always wonder where some of these things are,for example,my most vaulube comic is an Amazing Spider-man #14 CGC 9.4 OW/W Pages...Kev

Murph, Watch out for what you pay on a CGC 8.0 #1 in the current market! Nobody follows the market prices and hobby sales of Spiderman #1s more closely than I do. THIS book in THIS grade has been on a consistant down-swing for the past 1.5 years. The bids against the unmet, unyielding reserves (usually still too high) have been getting lower and lower progressively over this time period.

Meth I realize that it isn't the greatest investment..but I've been wanting this book for many a year..and will be willing to pay the price to buy it despite the good chance it won't be worth near as much in the future. I would really like a 9.0 and if I can find one I will buy it.

Brian

I have a Captain america #1 I bought for $900.00 in 1986 vg unrestored, Action#3

I bought from Joe Mannarino Comic's and collectables vg+ unrestored in 1986.

The worst mistake I made but I had no way of buying it back then as I was only 17

ACTION#1 in NM condition offered to me by Joe Mannarino for $29,000!!! in 1986.

My father did not want to buy it as who would believe a kid for such an investment!!! frown.gif

This is a great question for those of us that are not expossed to other collectors on a daily or weekly basis. I am proud to own what I would consider a higher grade Captain America 100 and that is about as high as my collection goes.

ablue,

If I recall correctly Action Comics #1 was worth more than $29,000 back in 1986, and in NM condition? That issue must've been restored as of yet the highest graded copy in the census is a VF/NM 9.0, and that copy is restored. VF+ 8.5 is the only highest unrestored book so far.

greedydealer

actually by guide it was $28,000 at that time.

Also he said unrestored and was IS a trusted dealer but you never know some things get sliped by.

Still a very nice price!!

Remember not all books are slabed some books could be in europe and some people do not want to be known. smirk.gif

Right now my collection consists of JUNGLE, JUMBO, SHEENA, DAGAR DDESERT HAWK, THRILLING and the like in about f-vf condition. Figure about $50-250 each. I am shifting to that precode horror collection again and anticipate the most valuable comics I will end up with will be an EERIE #1 (the one-shot), a JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #1 and a CAPTAIN AMERICA'S WEIRD TALES. None of these are gonna be in the $50-250 range, but I will have them one day. ;-)