• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reynold jay ebayer question

7 posts in this topic

I've bought books from him in the past, but never any of his time capsule books. Let's see, he's a nice enough guy, packs well, doesn't always send the exact book pictured (even with CGC books), and is a pro-presser (so, if that is a concern, you may want to ask him about the particular book).

Oh, and if you win a book, then get an email from him telling you he made a mistake offering a book that was supposed to go to another customer for a special order, then asks if you wouldn't mind waiting on it and he will put in another special order for you...Don't do it! You'll wait around and have to contact him again, only to find out your special order didn't work out.

Sorry that he didn't come through for you, but my experiences were a little better. I have special ordered 10 or 15 late bronze/early copper books from him in slabbed 9.8 condition and he came through on probably 8 to 12 of them. I can;t recall the exact results, but I certainly remember being pleased.

I did have to wait a few months to receive the books. However, most of the wait time could be attributed to cgc's turn around times. I feel that he's a pretty good option for late bronze/early copper in high grade.

That said, he does appear to press his books.

Btw, I haven't purchased any of the time capsule books, but I remember a discussion of them on the boards some time ago, and, as I recall, the results were mixed, but leaned toward disappointed.

Not entirely sure though...try running a search.

I bought some special order and time capsue books. The special orders were late bronze/early copper and they worked out fine. It took some time and he wasn't able to fill every order but he kept in communication and I was very pleased with the books.

The time capsules were a different experience. Mostly 9.2 books for the same time period. I didn't pay much for them (eBay wins) and they were worth what I paid.

I would give a positive reference to his special order service for filling holes in your early copper (1985-1990) collection.

Super nice guy. I've bought many a graded book from him as well as some special orders that worked out decently I don't think he's doing the special orders anymore. I haven't tried the time capsules so really couldn't tell you how they would look. But I think he's very fair and will communicate with you if there were any problems.