• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most copies you own of a particular book and why?

73 posts in this topic

Amazing fantasy alone in VG is worth more than that!!

These copies were absolutely beautiful. I also sold him 10 copies of Iron Man #1 ranging from VF+ - NM+ for $25 each!!!!

Hey hammer, if you're reading this...you are one lucky 893censored-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I have two copies at most of several books, usually because I've upgraded to better condition copies. Kid-friendly beater copies usually go to my friend's son who is a superhero fiend. Other doubles (like Adams Batmans) stay in my collection as readers.

There are a few issues of Fantastic Four that I have two copies of, due to buying a handful of issues on eBay I needed and getting another copy of a comic I already had. And once or twice when I was at my local shop buying up cheap issues to complete runs I accidently purchased a second copy of a comic I already had, forgetting it was already in my collection.

I never got into speculating, so thankfully I do not have dozens of copies of a particular book sitting in my closet.

There are a few issues of Fantastic Four that I have two copies of, due to buying a handful of issues on eBay I needed and getting another copy of a comic I already had. And once or twice when I was at my local shop buying up cheap issues to complete runs I accidently purchased a second copy of a comic I already had, forgetting it was already in my collection.

I never got into speculating, so thankfully I do not have dozens of copies of a particular book sitting in my closet.

Welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

7-8 copies of Transformers #1(Marvel). First series I started to actively collect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not a bad investment

Agreed - I just sold a 9.6 for $142!

Welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. And actually, I just remembered that I do have four copies of some strange indie comic called Goldyn in 3-D from 1986. Three are still sealed with a pair of 3D glasses. One I opened to read and then lost the glasses. But someone gave those to me, I did not buy them myself (and given the chance I doubt I would have).

Those 25 cent books of the FF and Batman (I think that's right) that came out a couple years ago. I have at least 50 copies of each. The dealer nearby was going to throw them out so I took 'em. Put them away for 30 years and they'll worth a buck each!893applaud-thumb.gif

Those 25 cent books of the FF and Batman (I think that's right) that came out a couple years ago. I have at least 50 copies of each. The dealer nearby was going to throw them out so I took 'em. Put them away for 30 years and they'll worth a buck each!893applaud-thumb.gif

Well if anyone would know, it'd be you Satan makepoint.gif

7-8 copies of Transformers #1(Marvel). First series I started to actively collect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not a bad investment

Agreed - I just sold a 9.6 for $142!

Yep, sold my 9.6 for $150 awhile ago.