• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most copies you own of a particular book and why?

73 posts in this topic

CGC copies would be 3 Spectacular Spider-man #1 cgc 9.8 w. Wasn't making any big effort of speculative decision on these, just happened to really overpay for the first one, then saw a pretty good deal on the second copy and finally an even better deal on the third. While it's a fairly easy book to obtain in 9.8, getting them with white pages is another matter. I wish CGC gave a breakdown there.

Ungraded books would have to be Micronauts #1 or Micronauts Annual #1. What is it about Micronauts that everyone seems to hae a stack of these lying around? 27_laughing.gif Not sure how many I have, but probably 6-10 each...got them in an eBay lot about 5 years ago.

About 10 copies of Legend of the Dark Knight (a few of each color)

About 7 copies of Wolverine Limited 1 (F-F+)

About 15 copies of McFarlanes Spider-Man 1 (bagged, silver, etc...)

About 15 copies of X-Force # 1

About 10 copies of X-men # 1 (a few of each cover)

8 copies of GI Joe # 1 Marvel 1st print avg VF+

19 copies of GI Joe # 3 Marvel 1st print avg VF+

Had about 20 copies of Solar 10...sold em all but 1

As you can see I was a brilliant spectulator!!! insane.gif

I never bought multiple copies for investment. However, I have ended up with multiples when upgrading condition. Also, because I suffer from memory loss when walking the convention floor. I once bought two Flash 119s from dealers right next to each other. foreheadslap.gif

Hmmm, maybe it's time for me to post a BIN of my dups. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

30 or 35 copies of Nam #1. (hey they were 8 for $1, how do you turn that down insane.gif )

...anybody need a Nam 1? crazy.gifflowerred.gif

At least it was a pretty good title in it's day.

250 Wolverine 1s (1982) (If you don't count all the Heros Incs currently sitting in my garage.. not quite sure how many of those I have.. too many...)

That's funny.....everyone has 100 copies of Heroe's Inc, and I still don't have a copy. I could never buy one at this point. 27_laughing.gif Principle of the matter.

I have about 50 copies of Steel #2 foreheadslap.gif

I bought a mystery box of "warehouse" comics and I got these, along with lots of issue #3 and a late Shadowman issue. Not exactly what I was hoping for frown.gif