• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Creepy 21

7 posts in this topic

glad i'm so technical smile.gif

I feel that it is important to list a Technical with an "Eye Appeal" grade as well.

They always say that grading is an Art, not a science. If you grade purely on technical, then it is a science. If you Incorporate Eye appeal and Technical, as 2 seperate grades when grading your books, I feel it makes it an Art.

If you listed a book that was a NM 9.6 from the front cover but had a color breaking crease of 1" to the back cover, and it technically dropped to book to VF+ 8.5/9.0, would you list it purely as VF+ 8.5/9.0? Heck no. You would list it as VF+ 8.5/9.0, and tell everyone the truth and that from the front it presents like a fork'n 9.6. With that, if it is a desirable book, it will probably sell for more than most other VF+ 8.5/9.0 of that book, that present closer to thier technical grade.

I will always pay higher for a book that has chasm between Technical Grade and Eye Appeal (on the side of Eye Appeal).

Just my thoughts.

-bounty

I would list it as i grade it but thats just me. I might say it presents better but would still give it the proper grade. just how i roll.