• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

Lantern,

That was in my college days. It's been over 13 years since I've ever seen the stuff, let alone put pipe to mouth. I get a much bigger high these days watching my son Jack or looking at a high grade run of Vampirellas, etc!!

After a while,it just makes us forget where we live,anyway.GOD BLESS...

-jimb0(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

John,

I called CGC and asked if I had to re-submit the book in order just to have the pages re-examined, and the customer service rep passed me on to one of the senior graders (I honestly don't remember who it was) who told me they could do a page quality review (one of the "other" options/services listed on a standard CGC submission form).

John, I don't know what it cost me as they charge my Amex periodically for all new charges. I would imagine, considering the perceived value of the book, that it was like a walk thru or in that range.

I do not think a book can be downgraded on a review as that would be like a slap in the face. I mean, you're politely asking them to reconsider the pages and that you feel it should be white instead of off-white to white or off-white instead of cow, and then they say not only are you wrong, but the pages are being downgraded! A book can obviously be downgraded if you took it out of the holder and submitted it anew, but I think a review just "asks" for an improvement, i.e, that you disagree with the given grade/page quality. I never did ask about that but I was sure it wasn't coming back any less than off-white to white. It would be pretty tough to have a book come back now with a lower page q based on how much tougher they were in the beginning. So many of the Pacific Coasts that were originally graded in 2000 and 2001 have consistently gone from off-white to off-white/white and white, etc.

Doug

Thanks for the info Doug.

I do not think a book can be downgraded on a review as that would be like a slap in the face. I mean, you're politely asking them to reconsider the pages and that you feel it should be white instead of off-white to white or off-white instead of cow, and then they say not only are you wrong, but the pages are being downgraded! A book can obviously be downgraded if you took it out of the holder and submitted it anew, but I think a review just "asks" for an improvement, i.e, that you disagree with the given grade/page quality.

So, it's not actually a 'review' at all, as a 'review' suggests that the condition would simply be reassessed. Rather, it's a request for an improvement, which cannot result in a 'downgrade' of page quality? Even if they found that they'd over-stated the page quality, they cannot declare what they now know, because you ask politely? 893whatthe.gif

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Mods, this is a total crock if it's true.

Well, perhaps that title doesn't conjure the most appealing of imagery, but still, its appropriate way to descibe what I felt when I saw this....

Doug's Fantastic Four # 1 CGC 9.6 for sale on Pedigree Comics for a cool half million.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Awesome book. Just awesome. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So, who's gonna step up and put it on their Visa? 27_laughing.gif

Well, looks like a relatively good buy now, doesn't it.