• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your high grade Fantastic Fours

399 posts in this topic

I feel left out, being the non-slab person that I am...but I think this one qualifies:

bh0nqu.jpg

...... it ain't the slab that makes the book High Grade :cloud9: ........ this has always been one of my very favorite covers..... there's so much going on. I really enjoyed these early Roussos inked efforts...... it was his inking that produced what I consider to be the first "rocky" Thing (cover of FF 18) and while many disdain his efforts, 21-24 are some of my favorites. I'm not sure what happened with 25 and 26. I read somewhere that Roussos was moving into more of a production capacity around then and was doing a lot of coloring (along with M. Severin a little later). GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mine too!

Here’s my copies: (thumbs u

hD6dLXXh.jpg

Q5fC0D2h.jpg

Hoarder ! great books.

In my defense, I can say I did this just for the issues I love most, and they are very very few (for the FF among them, #64-67). And mostly because, given the price spike, I was afraid that keeping a single copy I could damage it when reading it, so I have to have two. :)

..... Minus the BP and such, it probably brought the consignor about what he paid Blazing for it last year..... and I can't understand anyone wanting to sell it..... perfect QP, which is rare for that book in high grade..... I'd rather have the D&M than the 9.6........ but that's me.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... the 66 went for a remarkable price..... more than the 67 in the same grade..... but then, only 2 n 9.8 for the 66.............

It is a really nice copy, Jimbo, but when I consigned to Bob earlier this year my entire SA FF run, it had to go too. You're right about the perfect centering with both the 12 cent circle and CCA stamp fully present on the front, and no cover shrinkage causing the interior pages to stick out. The cover colors are great, too. The person who bought it from me didn't own it very long. (shrug)

FF13cgc.jpg