• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the Daniel Dupcak thread - did it get pulled?

44 posts in this topic

What happened to the Daniel Dupcak thread - did it get pulled? Just when things got interesting.

Tomega

snooze you lose 893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Well, I saved the pictures - so I wasn't snoozing too much. I have some free time, maybe I'll do a composite of the two pictures or see if I can remove the black out from one.

Tomega

gedaddahere!!!! I missed that?

did it look like the pumped up Hammer pic on High Grades website?

No glaring similarities. Difficult to say definitely either way without further analysis. PM tomega for the pic, he mentioned that he saved it.

gedaddahere!!!! I missed that?

did it look like the pumped up Hammer pic on High Grades website?

No glaring similarities. Difficult to say definitely either way without further analysis. PM tomega for the pic, he mentioned that he saved it.

Feel free to email me and I will be happy to forward the pictures.

Tom

tomega@optonline.net

• Administrator
What happened to the Daniel Dupcak thread - did it get pulled? Just when things got interesting.

Tomega

While this guy in particular may be a topic of perrenial interest on these boards, I had two issues with the thread:

1) It was a thread specifically targeting a person rather than discussing comics topics.

2) It posted a picture of someone without their permission, which didn't strike me as something we want to allow in general. For instance, if someone could obtain pictures of all of you and post them without your permission, would you like it?

So I pulled it.

if someone could obtain pictures of all of you and post them without your permission, would you like it?

"Like it"? I'm not sure when this started being a requirement for posts, but I don't like about 40% of the posts on this board. Can I send you a list and have them pulled?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/

People may not "like it", but once you're in the system then you lose your "right" to "not like it".

Arch,

My understanding is that Dupcak was at one point convicted for collectibles fraud. Putting his mugshot out there is a service to the community, frankly. Whether or not he is hammer and therefore a forum member is a totally separate and inconsequential issue.

I seriously hope you'll reconsider. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

if someone could obtain pictures of all of you and post them without your permission, would you like it?

"Like it"? I'm not sure when this started being a requirement for posts, but I don't like about 40% of the posts on this board. Can I send you a list and have them pulled?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/

People may not "like it", but once you're in the system then you lose your "right" to "not like it".

Depends on the "system," OldGuy... in this case, we're not talking about freedom of speech; this website is privately owned, and the owners can decide what's acceptable material and what's not. Not siding with "big brother" here, just stating what should be pretty obvious.

Garthgantu

we're not talking about freedom of speech; this website is privately owned, and the owners can decide what's acceptable material and what's not. Not siding with "big brother" here, just stating what should be pretty obvious.

Garthgantu

rantpost.gif

Well no kidding. What I was addressing has nothing to do with "freedom of speech". I know this board is privately owned and I know that it's the owners right to delete any post for any reason. Go to my site at http://www.gammathon.com , put a post on the board and I'll delete it if I feel like it.

I wasn't talking about Arch's "rights" I was talking about the "rights" of the convicted when I said "People may not "like it", but once you're in the system then you lose your "right" to "not like it".". "It" being having your mug shot available to the public.

Arch justified pulling the thread by saying "if someone could obtain pictures of all of you and post them without your permission, would you like it?" He made it about what "I" would like, not what he would like.

If he didn't like it then that's the reason he should have given. Instead he asked a question and I answered it. I don't even know where you're coming from on your reply. It certainly has nothing to do with what I posted.

And as far as "Just stating what should be pretty obvious." goes, you can go [!@#%^&^] yourself with that high and mighty attitude buddy.

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

And as far as "Just stating what should be pretty obvious." goes, you can go [!@#%^&^] yourself with that high and mighty attitude buddy.

I can feel the love in the forum.......it's like a warm trickle running down my leg.......doh!.......damn bladder control problem. frown.gif