• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGT x-men

15 posts in this topic

book shows a clear impact area (mostly seen on the back) which caused a ripp (about 1.5cm on the spine)...can this puppy reach to the Fine 6.0 level or is the damage/flaw to much?!

up to which grade is a small ripp alowed?!

img134.jpg

img140.jpg

still a nice good looking mid grade, even with that nasty bump...

thanks again, regards

that crushed corner doesn't look extremely bad to me. I would say 7.0 but the scans are a little small.

This book looks great. The colors are perfect! I don't see what damage would bring this down to a 6.0. I'd call it a 7.5. Just minor spine wear.

King, take a look at the top right of the back cover...that's more than minor spine wear, no? the 8.0 would be surelly without the "combo flaws" imho... confused-smiley-013.gif

regards

This book looks great. The colors are perfect! I don't see what damage would bring this down to a 6.0. I'd call it a 7.5. Just minor spine wear.

King, take a look at the top right of the back cover...that's more than minor spine wear, no? the 8.0 would be surelly without the "combo flaws" imho... confused-smiley-013.gif

regards

That's it? I have surely seen 8.0's with a few of those creases. It is not as though that crease is actually "severe". It is just the type of crease found on squarebounds. Plus, it is on the back cover and there is only two of them and an abraided corner. 6.0's can have numerous creases spanning the length of the cover, and these creases appear on the front cover. This book has only two, and neither can be seen on the front cover.

The scan quality is really too low to make a fair assessment. I think I can see a ripple from the impact on the front cover. There also may be some other problems with the spine seen from the front cover: one right next to the "Sense Shattering 1st Issue!" and another next to Colossus's arm. They could both be due to the scan, however.

Also, is it just me or does the entire book seem to be a little warped? If you look at the spine from the front cover, at the upper right hand corner it seems straight. By the time you reach the bottom, you can read the "Marvel Comics Group" that should be on the spine. And, finally, on the back cover, are those two blackish marks in the lower right quarter region waves along the cover? Or just the scan again?

Sorry to be so picky.

Pedro,

Pretty nasty crunch, but as others have said, allowable in a 6.0 considering the presence of the rest of the book.

Need better scans though . . . grin.gif

can this puppy reach to the Fine 6.0 level or is the damage/flaw to much?!

This should make it past the F 6.0 level. Perhaps as high as a F/VF 7.0 The rest of the book looks pretty solid. The scan is small. Are there other defects besides the tear/impact spine area?

Dan

The scan quality is really too low to make a fair assessment. I think I can see a ripple from the impact on the front cover. There also may be some other problems with the spine seen from the front cover: one right next to the "Sense Shattering 1st Issue!" and another next to Colossus's arm. They could both be due to the scan, however.

Also, is it just me or does the entire book seem to be a little warped? If you look at the spine from the front cover, at the upper right hand corner it seems straight. By the time you reach the bottom, you can read the "Marvel Comics Group" that should be on the spine. And, finally, on the back cover, are those two blackish marks in the lower right quarter region waves along the cover? Or just the scan again?

Sorry to be so picky.

Thanks for the comments.

the book has a very very slight miswrap, therefore the very slight change on the line of the spine and the "marvel comics group" phrase.

the microscopic point you see near the "sense shattering..." is just a extremelly small printing flaw.

apart the mentioned "combo flaws" and a couple of slight spine creases that hardly break the colour there aren't other flaws.

regards

ps- indeed the scans came out smaller that i wanted (and my scan tends to "brownish" the whites due to the brown enveloppe i put on the back - so it won't cropp the pic).

can this puppy reach to the Fine 6.0 level or is the damage/flaw to much?!

This should make it past the F 6.0 level. Perhaps as high as a F/VF 7.0 The rest of the book looks pretty solid. The scan is small. Are there other defects besides the tear/impact spine area?

Dan

Dan, no, no other flaws apart a couple of slight spine creases that don't break the colour.

so that's some good news to me, that this puppy stays within the solid Fine 6.0 territory.

regards

darn shame about the impact damage...pretty looking book otherwise!