• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Auctions -- selling off my comic collection

37 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man 123 CGC 9.0

---

I'm selling-off pretty much my entire mainstream run of Marvel, DC and select other comics publishing companies.

These are comic books which span as far back as the Golden Age, and include extensive Silver, Bronze and Modern comic books runs.

The genre's include many of the popular superhero, sci-fi/fantasy, horror and alternative titles from all the major companies.

Over 600 books have already been listed through my site http://store.comicwiz.com

However, I will also be listing several thousand books on eBay over the coming months. Many will be no reserve auctions and you can keep apprised of the auctions by either checking back at this post, or bookmarking this link

This is for the most part a completely high-grade collection, and probably one of the nicest runs ever of assembled across all comic ages. Some will be raw, and others will be CGC certified.

I pretty much stopped CGC'ing my books sometime in the 2001 when they failed to see my side of how to make proper notations on grading underground comix. Most of the CGC books I now own are from that period or earlier (although I have purchased some books already certified as recent as last year).

For a sampling of the sort of books to expect from this run, feel free to flip through and submit your offer (Zap 1 and GA Cap are sold):

Flipbook

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through the email on my profile, or directly through my site.

Also, all purchases either through the store or through eBay will come with a free 6-month subscription for FetchComics Alerts!

I only see one auction/BIN =(

I should have been a little more specific.

I'm listing one book a day on eBay, but please feel free to peruse the store where there are several hundred books to choose from immediately.

Listing books is a piece of cake, but when you have a newborn at home, the fulfillment is the greatest challenge.

I want to be fair to the buyers as well, and be able to set a pace to sending these books out in a timely manner.

Thanks to those that have placed orders already thumbsup2.gif

I have to say, I really love that flip book. I wish I could have a version of it to view my own collection images. It reminds me of flipping through a stack on the floor.

(I'd promise never to use it for any sales or other ways to make money..........)

Very cool and good job making the sales.

That Cap is still in my radar and the Archie...of course so is the marvel tales horror cover....

Great covers.

I have to say, I really love that flip book. I wish I could have a version of it to view my own collection images. It reminds me of flipping through a stack on the floor.

(I'd promise never to use it for any sales or other ways to make money..........)

That Cap is still in my radar and the Archie...of course so is the marvel tales horror cover....

Great covers.

Richnerd can make them. gossip.gif

Great covers.

Paging Richnerd flowerred.gif

Say, that Whiz Comics #67 I bought from you is still on your site. Just letting you know. grin.gif

I've been meaning to get that removed, but its been one of those days at the office.

I appreciate the reminder Timothy. It's been officially removed from inquiring eyes and is on its way to its new owner thumbsup2.gif

Say, that Whiz Comics #67 I bought from you is still on your site. Just letting you know. grin.gif

I've been meaning to get that removed, but its been one of those days at the office.

I appreciate the reminder Timothy. It's been officially removed from inquiring eyes and is on its way to its new owner thumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

Great covers.

Thanks comicdey. thumbsup2.gif

This flipbook is a bit of a chore to understand from a scripting standpoint. And it also requires that you have an advanced understanding of Flash MX (or 8) and actionscripting 2.0.

I wish I had a more user-friendly version, but I had to get this built for another project and repurposed it for use on the boards, otherwise I couldn't justify ever spending the man hours to modify it for the sake of selling comics.

Well I have no clue on any of those issues, but I'd be happy to have a user friendly version that I could just plunk a scan into for viewing.

Is there some feasibility for something like that, without the text side, just images?

Are you saying you have to write new -script just to plunk the images in?

I was hoping for just an image viewer.....

Thanks for the info though.

Great covers.

Paging Richnerd flowerred.gif

Someone call??

One suggestion for the flip book. Next time add in the action if they double click a page it will auto turn. Some peeps computers move so slow the drag movement takes for ever. The one I use you can drag or click. thumbsup2.gif

Also very nice touch on adding the make offer page.