• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider #1 8.0

60 posts in this topic

I guess it's to do with the fact that these are American comics and people want US prices on them much as if i had a Miracle Man, Warrior or Judge Dread comic then i would want a UK price on it.

That is EXACTLY it.

Just look at Canadian baseball cards, they are much rarer than their US counterpart, but sell for a fraction of the amount. Baseball is America, like apple pie.

But take good old Canadian hockey, where NA buyers much prefer the Canuck issues, and frown on the US cards. Same deal.

Rarity/scarcity doesn't even enter into it.

Well i don't have the US price variant mentality looking for those 30/35 cent copies but i know if i was i would be all over these UK PV's as they make up 2% of the total print run. I don't get that.

I guess it's to do with the fact that these are American comics and people want US prices on them much as if i had a Miracle Man, Warrior or Judge Dread comic then i would want a UK price on it.

More then anything though i beleive a lot of it is to do with IGNORANCE. Collector's think these to be reprints when in fact they were printed in the same place, at the same time, with the same ink and paper with the only difference being the printing plate for the price being changed. CGC calling them "UK Editions" doesn't help.

Books with pence prices have nothing to do with 30/35 cent variants, unless you can find 2 copies of the same book priced at 10p & 12p. I don't think its ignorance either. Most people know the deal with these and they still sell for a significant % less than US priced books. I know collectors living in UK who prefer US priced comics poke2.gif

I have two......but they aren't pence versions...sorry.

so, sell them to me at the double of the "UK version", 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif that's more than fair no?! grin.gif

let me know so i can send you the $$$, ok?! wink.gif and don't wait too long to send them to me...

regards

Hey Kermit, Comicdonna just posted that the GR#1 is worth double guide.....it just keeps getting more expensive by the minute for you. 27_laughing.gif

Yes and i'm one of them! acclaim.gif

Still the person who started this thread didn't know the deal.

You done sorting your comics Jeff? We good to go?

Almost. Another 9 boxes to go of pricing and then putting about 25 more in alpha order. Hope to knock out this weekend and then we can go through your list 1 final time.

so, sell them to me at the double of the "UK version", 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif that's more than fair no?! grin.gif

let me know so i can send you the $$$, ok?! wink.gif and don't wait too long to send them to me...

regards

Hey Kermit, Comicdonna just posted that the GR#1 is worth double guide.....it just keeps getting more expensive by the minute for you. 27_laughing.gif

i'm going by your comments math, changed your mind?! it was pretty fast... insane.giftonofbricks.gif

do you believe on everything the others tell you...?! smirk.gif

regards

regards

i'm going by your comments math, changed your mind?! it was pretty fast... insane.giftonofbricks.gif

do you believe on everything the others tell you...?! smirk.gif

regards

27_laughing.gif

What does the price of a slabbed 9.4 US copy have to do with the sale price of a raw VF pence one? foreheadslap.gif

Are you getting a commission of the sale?

What does the price of a slabbed 9.4 US copy have to do with the sale price of a raw VF pence one? foreheadslap.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would post a scan of the book but I can't ( I been using my friends scanner and I don't like to bother him ) It has some minor spine cracks but other then that its pretty nice, full color, white pages, looks like someone stuck it in a bag and board right after they bought it....Oh and thanx fox for the correction( I'm sorry if I put published instead of distributed....we all make mistakes 8) )

All three of my GR issues are going to have to go on ebay soon.

when's the movie slated for showing?

I've got to get at least one graded prior and on the street.

27_laughing.gif I wish. The second book is raw.

Find the last sale of a VF raw US copy, and knock about 40% off that price.

That's the current 'market value' of pence copies.

Personally, I think they should be on par with their US counterparts, but the market doesn't seem to feel that way.

I like the pence copies, and in some cases have paid a premium for them over US copies in same grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

I would post a scan of the book but I can't ( I been using my friends scanner and I don't like to bother him ) It has some minor spine cracks but other then that its pretty nice, full color, white pages, looks like someone stuck it in a bag and board right after they bought it....Oh and thanx fox for the correction( I'm sorry if I put published instead of distributed....we all make mistakes 8) )

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

eh. just wait until the movie tanks, they'll be all over the place

This movie is going to suck hard, and its $150+ million prod+marketing budget (which could grow due to the horrible response to the preview CGI) is going to dwarf any $$$ from the absolutely-insane fanboys who gobble up any comic book turd the studios pinch out.

And the studios already know it's gonna tank, hence the February (Hollywood graveyard) release date. 27_laughing.gif