• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new all marvel fanzine due soon need scans 1966 marvel mini books

11 posts in this topic

hello-i'm producing my own all-marvel 60's-80's fanzine soon (a 40 page paper magazine). one feature involves the 1966 marvel mini books. i have scans of all 6 front covers but can anyone sell or send me scans of any or all of the inside pages sent thru an email? i understand these books are easily damaged so i'm asking only for scans from beat-up copies. i can give you credit and send you comp copies of the first issue for your time. thanx!

hello and thanx for the question. my inspiration comes from 25 years of collecting the worlds greatest comics. i do have hundreds of comic fanzines but find that none seem to cover what i really love which is the marvel age of comics ( 60's, 70's and early 80's). it will hopefully be bi-monthly (eventually) 40 b/w pages with full color covers. i have been producing my own cereal/toys/pop culture 60's-80's magazine called "planet-Q! for the last couple of years and i want to produce this new comic fanzine as it is also one of my top three passions. i really hope to track down the marvel mini-books as very few have ever seen the inside pages of these mighty miniature marvels. thanx for the care! -robb

I look forward to seeing your fanzine.

As far as scanning the insides of these books, I don't think it can be done without destroying the comic. Finding one in poor or fair condition would be the key.

1267052-mminibks.jpg

There are a total of 36 of these books: Six of each color for each of the six titles. While I have one of each of the six, I don't have the six different colors for each title. (That I will leave for the truly obsessive collector.)

These were given away as MMMS fan club items and sold in gumball machines to the best of my knowledge. (Way before my time...) In one of the bullpen bulletins I remember Stan saying they were printing over 10 million of these. There should be a lot of them around somewhere.

Interesting note is that the Spider-man one contains the first Marvel / DC crossover I'm aware of with an appearance by Superman...

1267052-mminibks.jpg.4b2a680dd95c0760190d459c8d76df9e.jpg

thanx for another reply. i do hope to find someone with some beat-up copies. few collectors have ever seen the insides as most who have them won't open them for fear of damage. i hope to bring to fandom as much info on these as possible. the overstreet guide STILL only lists them as give-aways and not available elsewhere. i was able to grab a good scan of the vending machine card as well. and thanx for posting that pic timulty! -robb