• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Extinction.....spoilers

29 posts in this topic

I giant purple guy from outer space with a big G on his belt just doesn't work any more. This I liked and can buy.

You can buy millions of metallic bugs attacking the earth because they hate life, but you can't buy a giant purple man who eats planets to survive?

I giant purple guy from outer space with a big G on his belt just doesn't work any more. This I liked and can buy.

You can buy millions of metallic bugs attacking the earth because they hate life, but you can't buy a giant purple man who eats planets to survive?

Hmm, yep, thats pretty much it. It's comics, so feasible is relative, but a giant humanoid in a purple costume with a big G on his belt is that much less likely to want to eat Earth than a giant swarm of tecnobugs.

And a giant thinginthedesert is a bit more likely to stop the tecno-swarm than the all-in-one universal clicker of doom is gonna stop the giant purple man.

I think somewhere, probably in one of those books, Ellis described his motivation pretty well.

Hmm, yep, thats pretty much it. It's comics, so feasible is relative, but a giant humanoid in a purple costume with a big G on his belt is that much less likely to want to eat Earth than a giant swarm of tecnobugs.

And a giant thinginthedesert is a bit more likely to stop the tecno-swarm than the all-in-one universal clicker of doom is gonna stop the giant purple man.

I think somewhere, probably in one of those books, Ellis described his motivation pretty well.

27_laughing.gif Interesting...

See, I didn't really mind the "Technobug" angle at all, actually refreshing to not see a guy with a big "G" on his belt. It's just all that build up and they didn't DO anything!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif Reed zaps 'em and they leave? What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that??? confused-smiley-013.gif Just disappointing IMHO.

See, I didn't really mind the "Technobug" angle at all, actually refreshing to not see a guy with a big "G" on his belt. It's just all that build up and they didn't DO anything!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif Reed zaps 'em and they leave? What the 893censored-thumb.gif is that??? confused-smiley-013.gif Just disappointing IMHO.

I agree the ending was somewhat anti-climactic after the big build up. However, that's hardly enough reason to pewp on the entire 3 mini-series.

One thing to note though, is that the mini-series was initially planned for 6 issues, and it wasn't until issue 4 that the cover read "4 of 5". Previously it was "3 of 6". Not sure why that would have happened, but it might well have been the cause of the abrupt ending. Ellis may have been rushed to end it for some reason.

I agree the ending was somewhat anti-climactic after the big build up. However, that's hardly enough reason to pewp on the entire 3 mini-series.

One thing to note though, is that the mini-series was initially planned for 6 issues, and it wasn't until issue 4 that the cover read "4 of 5". Previously it was "3 of 6". Not sure why that would have happened, but it might well have been the cause of the abrupt ending. Ellis may have been rushed to end it for some reason.

I liked the first two minis and I thought they built tension rather well. My criticism was limited to the last arc.

I liked the first two minis and I thought they built tension rather well. My criticism was limited to the last arc.

The first "arc" was great; when Ultimate Vision appeared. That was just awesome.

I'll even say that the 2nd arc felt slow. But it was still a great read. I'd take Warren Ellis describing the weather for 45 pages over Chris Claremont doing anything besides mow the lawn for 1.5 seconds.

Galactus has his place. Unfortunately, it almost has to be a Marvel What If. He's simply too powerful. I'd sure love to see a What If of Galactus actually destroying Earth. And not just a single issue. An all-out desperate war of Earth's heroes and villians against Galactus and his Heralds. Maybe update Galactus' suit and reduce his power level a bit so its plausible. But in the end, he wipes it out and moves on.

Pat