• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They don't call him the "Forum Legend" for Nothing!

62 posts in this topic

Here's a shout out to Greggy who as I write this is speeding down to Philly for the show.

Last night I had dinner with Greggy and Mr. Woogieman. It was a lot of fun. We talked about Greggy's East Coast appearance, books, the boards, etc. Awesome!

I thought it would be helpful to everyone if I reiterate why Greggy is the Forum Legend (and why everyone must have their head lower than his and walk 2 steps behind him at all times). Greggy has tons of accolades, the dc-guru, the wearer of short shorts, I could go on . . . Greggy is also an awesome guy and fun to be around. There's one particular story that I want to relate that sealed his fate as Forum Legend and put his name in the history books.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far, away Greggy bought Marvels. In fact, he had one Marvel in particular - a Spider-Man 101 that he had previously sold, bought back for $175, had graded at a 9.8 and then sold it for $4,500. That's not a typo - four thousand and five hundred dollars. Schwing! This was back in the day when CGC books was just taking off and really demonstrated for all the world to see that a CGC graded book could put you on par with any other seller including national dealers.

So that's it - Greggy you've earned your title. This story wouldn't be complete without making mention of Joe Collector who first called Greggy the Forum Legend and from Supapimp who was the one that threw out the $4,500 figure that Greggy ran with and got. I am sure that there are threads that tell this but I was too lazy to find them.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you in Philly,

DAM

You cant be a forum legend if you are Canadian, no siree!

I've met Greggy.....Greggy is a friend of mine......and you, sir, are no Greggy! makepoint.gif

Re: They don't call him the "Forum Legend" for Nothing!

sumo.gif Darn tootin' I don't. I'd want at least $200.

Whats special bout greggy? Is he like.......the first registered user or something? (I mean this: First registered user after the board was put up, and who still comes around. The true First Registeretd user would be Arch, as he is Admin & owner of the board, but I am talken bout normal users)

Otherwise, Greggy I do not know of! laugh.gif

I'm actually the first registered 'comic' user acclaim.gif That's why arch gave me the "show up early for parties" custom title. gossip.gif

As for greggy, what can I say? He just has a certain inimitable charm yay.gif

yay.gif

I'd like a custom user title. Of course, idk what i'd want it to be. shy.gif

you don't get a custom title for continually derailing threads with posts about nothing.

poke2.gif

Whats special bout greggy? Is he like.......the first registered user or something? (I mean this: First registered user after the board was put up, and who still comes around. The true First Registeretd user would be Arch, as he is Admin & owner of the board, but I am talken bout normal users)

Otherwise, Greggy I do not know of! laugh.gif

I'm actually the first registered 'comic' user acclaim.gif That's why arch gave me the "show up early for parties" custom title. gossip.gif

As for greggy, what can I say? He just has a certain inimitable charm yay.gif

yay.gif

I'd like a custom user title. Of course, idk what i'd want it to be. shy.gif

you don't get a custom title for continually derailing threads with posts about nothing.

poke2.gif

Ooh, "SNAP!" 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Can somebody post the short shorts picture please? Just for the "pleasure" of those who haven't seen it insane.gif Those shorts are so short that if he had a dong it would have been poking out the bottom! boo.gif

--love ya greg (no not that way). Tell us about philly when you get back.

3035_8167_1.jpg

Can somebody post the short shorts picture please? Just for the "pleasure" of those who haven't seen it insane.gif Those shorts are so short that if he had a dong it would have been poking out the bottom! boo.gif

3035_8167_1.jpg

Ok, can we get a list of people in the pic?

I see Greg, Rickdogg (i think) Borok, Lighthouse, Shin (maybe) Josh from CLink?

Bonds_25, Big_Man, aardvark88 in that pic as well

and I'm pretty sure the bearded guy in the middle is Arnold Blumberg (sp?)

I'm not in that shot. That looks like a forum dinner from somewhere (probably East Coast or San Diego?).

I've only met Greggy sporadically here and there at cons.

One time was at Esquirecomics' San Diego Comic-Con Panel which was attended by a large number of board members.

3035_8167_1.jpg

Holy [embarrassing lack of self control] was I skinny then hahaha