• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

2500 to 3000? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, you can price it at what you want to, actually. And if there's a buyer willing to pay that much, then it's worth that much to that guy. You've got a great book there, no doubt, and if you don't want a lot of money for it, I'm your man. thumbsup2.gif

Andy foreheadslap.gif

If you have a 7.5 Our Army at War #83, do yourself a favor and hang onto it. If you are looking to flip it, I would wait until the Sgt. Rock movie heats up next year. Word is that it is in pre-production. I would say it could easily go upwards of $3k right now. Is it the highest on the census? That's a killer book either way. Let's see it!

By the way, who else on the boards has one? It seems much tougher than #81.

Shep

I'd be glad to share a photo of the comic. I am really proud that I own this one, primarily because it was one of my Dad's favorites when he was growing up. I certainly don't want to sell it, but had no idea that it was considered one of the more significant war comics until I revisited my collection about a year ago.

The comic is a 7.5, although I'm afraid that the pages are fairly cream in color. I guess that's what happens when it is stored in an attic for 20 years (in NJ). Still, it is a fun one to own. I didn't realize that a Sgt Rock movie was in the works?! Now that sounds like fun!

OAAW_83.jpg

Great book! Well done!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

So if paratrooper suddenly went all rapper on us, would he be p-troopy?

OAAW26.jpg

This is a paratrooper-free post!

OAAW63.jpg

Sweet Georgia Brown, that's pretty!!!!! 893whatthe.gif What grade would you give it?

NM confused-smiley-013.gif

I like this one too. grin.gif

AAMOW24.jpg

WOW. That OAAW is incredible, adam.

Thanks!

When I can't get a Salida, a Newsboy will do just fine.