• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

I don't buy a lot of war books, but couldn't resist this one for under $5. Despite the obvious defects, a pretty nice copy.

Jack

Wellllllllll worth $5.00! Congratulations!!! :golfclap:

Andy

Andy, my favorite is the GIC #87. I like all of the OAAW.

Thanks Keith, that'd be my favourite as well. Could you post a link to that OAAW #12 that you say is selling this Sunday?

Thanks again,

Andy

I don't buy a lot of war books, but couldn't resist this one for under $5. Despite the obvious defects, a pretty nice copy.

Jack

Wellllllllll worth $5.00! Congratulations!!! :golfclap:

Andy

Thanks. I was partially posting to try out the new, easier way to post a scan as an attachment. Did the pic show up directly in the message? Nice board improvement.

That was the only war book, but this purchase was full of good stuff. DC 10 to 15 cent romances, Jerry Lewis for a buck (attractive vg+), Star-Spangled Comics 80 starring everybody's fave Robin, etc.

Jack

Did the pic show up directly in the message? Nice board improvement

This wass a good feature of the upgrade -- so many folks stumble trying to attach pics when it shouldn't have been that hard.

Yikes GIC 87 at Heritage is in the stratosphere! I was going to go on a limb and try and win it for outrageous money but I have a feeling my outrageous money will not be enough. Dang.

My outrageous bid only lasted a day.... :sorry:

It's too bad, as it looks like that book is going to a speculator and not a die-hard war comic lover. Well, it's hard to say, right? Maybe it's a die-hard collector with a big budget., but that book is already $500 over what I thought it'd go for Let's just see what it ends for, shall we? hm

Andy

I was going to hang out a $1500-$2000 bid on that GIC #87, and then a bunch of nice bronze age books came up that I wanted BAD. So I had to make a decision... let some nice books pass by me and hope I can be a player on the 87, or take a pass. In the end, I took the pass on the 87, and I'm glad I did. I'm happy for the seller, but man that is a LOT of money for that book.

Shep

Hey how was the 87 you won on ebay a while ago. That looked pretty nice. It seemed nicer than the one hitting over $300 two days ago.

Mike

Haven't got it yet, but everything looks nice on eBay with poor quality pictures. The seller did send me scans beforehand so I did get a good look at the book. It was low grade. I would have preferred the one that went for $365, as that one was a strict 4.0. But the price was high for a raw 4.0 with possible surprises. The 3rd one that just ended last night for $165 (or something like that) was really low grade.

Andy

I'm actually pretty shocked at how much money GIC #87 is starting to command. I bought my first copy 5 years ago off ebay )what I would have called a solid VG/FN back in the day) for $120. Sold it last year for $300 buy it now on ebay (lasted less than a day.) Here is that old copy... wonder what it would do today! Man, you'd think that there was a Haunted Tank movie coming out of something..

The old copy... now I wish I had hung onto it!

7c3dc727.jpg

Hey Guys,

There's about a G+ copy of War Comics 11 (ultra-flame thrower Heath cover of all time). It's kinda pricey at $48.00 but if somebody wants it, PM me and I'll pick it up for you. If there's anything else anybody's burning to get, let me know and I'll try to keep an eye out for folks. As long as you're willing to pay postage, I'll pick 'em up and pass 'em right along at cost.

Hey Guys,

There's about a G+ copy of War Comics 11 (ultra-flame thrower Heath cover of all time). It's kinda pricey at $48.00 but if somebody wants it, PM me and I'll pick it up for you. If there's anything else anybody's burning to get, let me know and I'll try to keep an eye out for folks. As long as you're willing to pay postage, I'll pick 'em up and pass 'em right along at cost.

Hey Mick,

I need Our Army At War #11 and #12. If you could find either of those, I will buy them from you.

Thanks,

Andy

I've posted these before but what the hell, everyone likes them right?

OAAW126.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Jeff,

I must have missed your previous post of those books and they are

awesome and this has to be one of my favorite OAAW covers and

that copy is a Beauty you've got your hands on. Sweeeeet Book!!!! :cloud9:

The 116 is incredibly nice too. (thumbs u

:hi: