• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Can other people actually see RedRaven's images, or just empty spaces and frames like I see?Jack

And my Enemy Aces from SSWS

Okay, whatever you just did, that was awesome! ...oh, and those books are kickin' as well! :applause: Andy

Can other people actually see RedRaven's images, or just empty spaces and frames like I see?Jack
And my Enemy Aces from SSWS

Okay, whatever you just did, that was awesome! ...oh, and those books are kickin' as well! :applause: Andy
I can see them just fine, but when I quoted him, it's all a bunch of -script.Whatever he's done is really cool, showing 1 book with 5 tabs at the top, each tab shows a different book. If you can't see that, then you may need to update your web browser, or the browser you're using doesn't support whatever he's doing. (shrug)Hope you can see those images soon though, because they're quite nice.Andy

Can other people actually see RedRaven's images, or just empty spaces and frames like I see?

If you can't see that, then you may need to update your web browser, or the browser you're using doesn't support whatever he's doing. (shrug)

Hope you can see those images soon though, because they're quite nice.

Andy

I can't even see his single images in other messages. I can see the tabbed pages here, but no images on them.

Maybe his server is blocked from here.

(RedRaven, has anyone else mentioned having problems with your links?)

Thanks,

Jack

The problem is that I use a webserver from my home and I have to redirect traffic from the default web port (80) to port (81) as my ISP blocks port 80 so people won't do what I'm doing (host a webserver). In some versions of IE6 the redirect triggers some kind of security flag and the browser invalidates the URL. I use IE7 with no problem but my standalone unpatched IE6 I use for testing can't see the images. My brother uses IE6 and see's the images just fine, so there is some patch state where the images work in IE6, I just don't know what that is. (shrug)

So there is a reason I can't see them.

Apparently Safari 1.3.2 and Firefox 1.0.5 for Mac do something similar.

Thanks,

Jack

The problem is that I use a webserver from my home and I have to redirect traffic from the default web port (80) to port (81) as my ISP blocks port 80 so people won't do what I'm doing (host a webserver). In some versions of IE6 the redirect triggers some kind of security flag and the browser invalidates the URL. I use IE7 with no problem but my standalone unpatched IE6 I use for testing can't see the images. My brother uses IE6 and see's the images just fine, so there is some patch state where the images work in IE6, I just don't know what that is. (shrug)

I changed the URL to the straight IP with port so if you can't see em now then there is something in the -script that your browser doesnt support, although I did try to keep it DOM level 1 which every browser should support.

thanks for the kudos ThirdGreenHam. I have a thread in the testing->sub forum where the -script lives. If you decide to use it just keep in mind that if you post multiple copies of the -script in the same thread you will have to customize a lot of stuff in order to keep the scripts from cross-polluting each other. I'm working on a post in the sub forum where you can enter the img URLs and the press a button and it will spit out a completed -script for you to cut n paste. Hopefully will finish it this weekend.

thanks for the kudos ThirdGreenHam. I have a thread in the testing->sub forum where the -script lives. If you decide to use it just keep in mind that if you post multiple copies of the -script in the same thread you will have to customize a lot of stuff in order to keep the scripts from cross-polluting each other. I'm working on a post in the sub forum where you can enter the img URLs and the press a button and it will spit out a completed -script for you to cut n paste. Hopefully will finish it this weekend.

Sounds friggin wonderful! :banana:

Andy

Just got back from the Toronto Comic Expo, and thought I'd give an update with regards to how the war book situation was.

I hit the show and met up with our own Andy Greenham (thirdgreenham) at the Comic Book Addiction booth. Finally great to meet up with you Andy!

Overall, pickings for decent Silver were slim. Harley Yee had a fair number of mid-grades, but the prices were quite high on most books that I saw. I found a nice stack of bronze age upgrades (I'll try and post some over in the BA war thread.) The Silver Snail (a local Toronto shop) had a LARGE selection of G/VG early Silver Age war books.... lots of G.I. Combats in particular. But prices were out of hand. However, amongst the stacks I did find this little gem for $6!!! That's right... six dollars. And no surprises on this copy. I've got the Curator copy of this issue, but this makes a sweet undercopy.

ssws38-1.jpg

Then, headed over to Big B comics, out of Hamilton, Ontario. Picked up this book for $7.50!!! Again, no surprises. Another undercopy for my higher grade one.

gic126a.jpg

And got this issue here as well... pricier at $50, but I was quite happy. White pages!!

showcase57.jpg

So, a few nice books - but as far as silver age war above 7.0... really not a lot.

Shep